Experienced Grain Trader (North-American Market)
- 407 Rue McGill, Montréal, QC H2Y 2G3, Canada
- A Montreal-headquartered grain trading business with a satellite office in Vancouver.
- Trades physical grains and byproducts across livestock, biofuel and human consumption markets, including organics and specialty crops.
- Active across North America, for over a decade.
- A division on McGill St Laurent, a diversified commodity trading firm.
We are seeking a bilingual experienced grain trader.
The position requires a team-player who is proactive, results-oriented and self-motivated.
- Trade physical grains and byproducts across North America;
- Build and uphold strong relationships with new & existing suppliers & clients;
- Monitor market trends to capitalize on opportunities;
- Work with other traders on deals;
- Support junior traders, as required;
- Ensure close cooperation with the operations and logistics teams
- 3+ years' experience as a grain trader or as a grain buyer;
- Proof of a profitable track record in physical agricultural commodities;
- Existing relationships with suppliers and end-buyers;
- Experience with the logistics of transporting agricultural products across the US/Canadian border - Asset;
- Experience trading soya/canola meal, DDGs, wheat midds, and grains across US/Canada – Asset;
- Bilingual: English & French – Essential ;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Degree/Diploma in an Agriculture or Business program - Asset;
- Practical experience in agriculture and/or logistics (truck or rail) – Asset.
- Competitive base salary and commission plan;
- Pension contribution;
- Insurance package.