- 407 Rue McGill, Montréal, QC H2Y 2G3, Canada
CWP Energy is a Montreal-headquartered energy trading firm with a satellite office in Pittsburgh. We have been active in all North American (including Mexican) electricity markets since 2012 and are a division of McGill St Laurent, a diversified commodity trading company.
Backed by a diverse team of specialists, CWP Energy has developed an expertise in renewable energy and trading physical & financial power on merchant markets.
Our business is underpinned by robust risk management, market experience and analytical capability.
We are an expert team of Fundamental & Quantitative Traders - Data Scientists & Data Engineers - Risk Analysts - Energy Dispatchers & Schedulers - Middle & Back Office Analysts
We are looking for a Data Engineer who is passionate and motivated to work on and improve our data platform that is used 24/7 by our experts in Energy markets.
You will work closely with fundamentals/quantitative traders by providing them the data they require in their trading decisions (For that data quality and integrity are two areas you will focus on).
You will also contribute to the delivery of web applications/tools that help the team in their daily operations.
We are looking for someone who is a fast learner and detail oriented, with a solution-oriented mindset and can-do attitude to overcome challenges. Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and master frequently changing technologies and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technical discipline - required
- Master’s degree not mandatory but would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role;
- Experience writing software in Java or/and Python using CI/CD pipeline;
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design and proficient at writing SQL queries specifically with Postgres;
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform; an asset;
- Technical expertise with data models and data mining; an asset;
- Experience with building real-time data streaming pipelines; an asset;
- Experience with frontend development using React; an asset.
Furthermore, your new working conditions will be the envy of all your friends and family:
- Reimbursement (up to 80%) of your public transit pass (Opus, Tram, etc.);
- Beautiful open-plan offices located in Old Montreal;
- A unique culture and much more!