Warehouse Technician / Sales Trainee
- 1015 Mid-Way Blvd, Mississauga, ON L5T 2C1, Canada
Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and learn a business from the ground up to acquire rare knowledge and unique skills? Do you love working with people and have an outgoing positive attitude? Does the thought of working with beautiful and unique wood products from all over the world pique your interest? If the answer is yes to all the above, we would like to hear from you!
CWP Architectural is a leading importer and sales organization selling high-end lumber and veneers to millworkers, woodworkers, and specialty lumber dealers. We work closely with the architect and design community placing our unique one-of-a kind wood products in prestigious projects throughout North America.
We are looking for an ambitious, resourceful, and hands-on individual to become a part of our dedicated and passionate team of wood experts. With your initiative and high aspirations, you will learn the ropes that will lead you to a rewarding sales position with CWP Architectural!
As Warehouse Technician at CWP Architectural you will;
- Manage your responsibilities within the warehouse with a high-level of care and autonomy;
- Prepare customer orders with accuracy and efficiency;
- Receive inbound goods with thorough cross checking of paperwork and examination on material;
- Photograph specialty pieces and veneer and file electronically on the company database;
- Consider the warehouse to be an extension of our showroom and take pride in keeping impeccable order throughout the building;
- Resolve inventory discrepancies and perform accurate spot checks regularly.
Your ambition and hard work will drive you to reach your goal of becoming the next sales representative on our team.
We are willing to train the right candidate on all levels of the exotic wood and veneer business. You must bring to the table the following;
- Organized and efficient work ethic with a strong eye for detail;
- Strong math skills and not intimated with number crunching as well as familiarity with a measuring tape;
- Proficient in computer skills ie: Microsoft Office/365;
- Willing to use and become certified with handling equipment ie: forklift;
- Understand the importance of learning the basics of trade and have the skillset to learn from colleagues that have followed this path before you;
- Strong aptitude with following procedure and ability to process paperwork accurately;
- Ability to pick and pack items that take a fair amount of physical exertion.
Lumberyard, forestry, design, construction, and woodworking experience would be an asset but not a requirement. We want you to be passionate and appreciate the beauty of our products.
CWP Architectural is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within CWP Architectural who have contributed to our success. Our achievers are those that take learning seriously though a hands on approach for career development and advancement.