Renewables Services Director
- 407 Rue McGill, Montréal, QC H2Y 2G3, Canada
CWP Energy is a Montreal-headquartered energy trading firm active in all North American electricity markets and is a division of McGill St Laurent, a diversified commodity trading company.
Backed by a team of specialists leveraging AI and advanced analytics, CWP Energy trades physical & financial power markets and is disrupting the renewable energy space.
As Renewables Services Director at CWP Energy, you will :
- Contribute to the development of products, services of innovative solutions for the renewable energy markets;
- Develop, build, and manage relationships with renewable energy developers and financiers to close transactions;
- Articulate complex concepts in a concise and accessible manner to educate clients on the company’s products and services;
- Work with a team of electricity wholesale specialists.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or Mathematics required, MBA or other advanced degree desirable;
- In-depth comprehension of the wholesale electricity market
- Background in renewable energy (project finance or development) - 2-5 years of prior experience as a renewable energy developer, investor, or lender focused on investing in renewable assets, working in a role with direct exposure to the project financing process and structuring;
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get to work. You are interested in joining a startup where you can get your hands dirty and see the deals you originate through to closing;
- Background of business development, consulting, investment banking, sales, or project development. You are invigorated by developing and maintaining relationships;
- Fluency in finance or insurance - capacity to solve problems in real-time with clients and senior finance executives. Comfortable with mental math and jumping into spreadsheets, databases, and code;
- Diligence. You care deeply about making sure that each deal is done right and may have even seen what happens when details are missed.
CWP Energy is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within CWP Energy who have always been the source of our strength.