Senior Data Scientist
- New York, NY
Medidata Solutions is a leading global provider of SaaS clinical development solutions that enhance the efficiency of customers’ clinical trials. Medidata’s advanced solutions lower the total cost of clinical development by optimizing clinical trials from concept to conclusion: from study and protocol design, trial planning and budgeting, site negotiation, clinical portal, trial management, randomization and trial supply management, clinical data capture and management, safety events capture, medical coding to business analytics. Our diverse life science customer base spans biopharmaceutical companies, medical device and diagnostic companies, academic and government institutions, CROs and other research organizations, and includes more than 20 of the top 25 global pharmaceutical companies as well as organizations of all sizes developing life-enhancing medical treatments and diagnostics.
The company was founded in 1999 and is based in New York with additional offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Japan.
Hear what our employees have to say about working at Medidata Solutions:
The Senior Data Scientist position will be a lead role within the Office of the CDO, reporting directly to the Chief Data Officer. This is a new internal group charged with leading efforts to envision, develop and execute a data strategy to drive new business growth. The group will be responsible for all efforts related to customer and internal data, analytics, and business intelligence. The Senior Data Scientist will lead efforts to define new infrastructure to extract, manage, and analyze data in a scalable way, and to make use of this data to improve our customers’ efforts to develop new biopharmaceutical therapies. He/she will work closely with a small team within the CDO Office, and will also have direct, ongoing interaction with business leads from product, sales, and marketing to clarify business objectives and deliver data solutions that meet the needs of the business and customers.
• Develop vision for data / analytics architecture and workflow across the company
• Lead efforts to develop scalable, innovative approaches to extracting, managing, and analyzing data from customers
• Create roadmap for implementation of data and analytics strategy, including infrastructure design and development of data models.
• Establish data policies, standards, organization and enforcement of data governance
• Develop innovative approaches to linking internal systems with external data
• Build out the CDO team with new staff, and manage the team to drive implementation of new data
• Report to executives on progress of data strategy
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business, Computer Science or other relevant field; advanced degree preferred
- 7-10+ years of relevant experience in data / analytics
- Strong project leadership and management skills required
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required
- Expertise in one or more of the following: data architecture, data mining, and/or data analysis
- Experience should include work in one or more of the following areas:
- NOSQL, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, or other similar tools
- Databases and/or data models
- Data security and privacy
- Algorithms for data integration / capture
- Machine learning, evolutionary computing, neural networks,
- Statistics (Regression, Clustering, Decision trees, Hypergraphs, …)
- Advanced mathematics
- Simulation, scenario analysis, modeling
- Entrepreneurial experience (starting a company, running innovation teams within companies) strongly preferred
- Display a natural instinct for innovation and pragmatic 'out-of-the-box' thinking
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Please submit your resume/CV by accessing our jobs database on www.mdsol.com/careers. The application process should take you just a few minutes to complete. Thanks for your interest.