- Dallas, TX
Mediocre is looking for extraordinary DevOps Engineers to build the automation and processes needed to deploy our ecommerce applications several times a day.
Maybe you’re a developer who is interested in continuous deployment and network operations. Or, maybe you’re a sysadmin who has a passion for scripting and coding. Either way, you’ve pushed beyond your defined role and have a big-picture understanding of technical environments.
Who broke the build? We’ll know immediately because your continuous integration process has already kicked off an email, turned on the red lava lamp, and fired a foam missile from a USB-controlled launcher in the direction of the responsible engineer.
You can expect to be setting up testing environments in the cloud
and running code through its paces before it’s deployed to production. You’ll be expected to push the company to a faster test and deployment rhythm.
You’ll also be working with our software engineering team and operations team early and regularly to plan and design testing, staging, and production environments as new products and services are being developed.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools (Travis CI or Jenkins or TeamCity or Strider CD or Circle CI or similar)
- Experience with browser automation (Selenium or PhantomJS or CasperJS or similar)
- Experience with DVCS (Git or Mercurial or similar)
- Practical automation experience (Chef or Puppet or similar)
- Experience with cloud computing environments (Amazon Web Services or Windows Azure or Rackspace or Digital Ocean or similar)
- Experience with APM solutions is a plus (Boundary or Pingdom or NewRelic or Splunk Storm or similar)
You should love gathering and graphing metrics, analyzing data to spot trends in the quality of our applications, and just generally be a data junkie.
Ideal candidates are those that have experience building highly trafficked websites. You don’t need to have experience with these specific technologies, but here’s what we’re using to build things:
- Node.js (web applications with Express and JSON-based REST APIs with Restify)
- InfluxDB, Telegraf
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.