Software Development Engineer
- Dallas, TX
Mediocre is looking for extraordinary Software Development Engineers to work on our ecommerce applications. You’ll be responsible for the software our customers use for online shopping, account management, and the checkout pipeline. If this doesn’t sound like the most mediocre job in tech then we’d like to talk to you. But only if you’re an amazing rock star, or a ninja, or a zombie hunter, or whatever term all the cool recruiters are throwing around these days.
You’ll be expected to develop and maintain our customer facing web applications using modern web frameworks. You will also be expected to develop and maintain the back-end services and APIs needed to power our ecommerce applications. Ideal candidates are those that have experience building highly trafficked websites.
You can expect to be designing and documenting architecture, developing software, and testing applications on a wide variety of browsers and mobile devices. You’ll be asked to gather and analyze real-world data about how the applications are performing and usage metrics about which features are being used the most. You’ll also be working with our design team to help create the customer experience for new features and products.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience building web applications and JSON-based REST APIs with Node.js (Express, Restify, etc.)
- Experience with a variety of database platforms (MongoDB, MySQL, etc.)
- Familiarity with search platforms (Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Familiarity with caching systems (Memcached, Redis, AppFabric, etc.)
- Experience with cloud computing environments (Amazon Web Services, Windows Azure, Rackspace, Digital Ocean, etc.)
- Deep expertise in internet protocols (HTTP, SMTP, SSH, TCP, UDP, etc.)
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Experience with DVCS (Git, Mercurial) and continuous integration systems
- Experience with APM solutions is a plus (Boundary, Pingdom, NewRelic, Splunk Storm, etc.)
- Experience with analytics platforms is a plus (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Graphite, Statsd, etc.)
You should love gathering and graphing metrics, analyzing data to spot areas to make performance optimizations, and just generally be a data junkie.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.