Senior Copywriter - NY
- New York, NY
Mekanism is an award-winning full service creative agency. We sprinkle our love of storytelling across integrated advertising, brand entertainment, and social media community programs to inspire measurable brand loyalty and drive sales.
2011 Small Agency of the Year Gold Winner, Advertising Age
2010 A-List Agencies To Watch, Advertising Age
Subject of two Harvard Business School case studies, HBS
Named an Inc. 500/5000 Top Fastest Growing Company, Inc. Magazine
Named to The Creative 50, Creativity Magazine
Over 75 advertising awards including Cannes Lions, Clios, Effies, Webbys, and D&AD
Profiled in Fast Company, The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal
A Senior Copywriter’s key purpose at Mekanism is to concept and develop the creative products that Mekanism produces. This includes new business pitches, Mekanism internal (marketing materials) and existing retainer/project client campaigns. Our expectation is that you will strategize, create and execute innovative campaigns of a globally competitive caliber that achieve our clients’ strategic goals.
Working with CDs and ECDs, senior writers will develop the Big Ideas and blow them out.
In the production process, Senior Copywriters develop scripts and create copy across all media (i.e. social, web, print, etc.). Other task may include: casting talent, working with production companies, directors, designers, animators and printers.
Key Areas of Responsibility include
• Writing clear, persuasive, original copy
• Managing and maintaining brand voice on assigned accounts/projects
• Concepting for new projects/campaigns
• Participating in brainstorming sessions for projects as needed
• Meeting with Client Strategy/New Business teams to discuss client briefs and product background
• Presenting ideas and discussing progress with the Creative Directors
• Amending, revising or redeveloping campaigns in response to feedback from the Creative
Director or clients
• Overseeing campaigns through the production stage to completion
• Casting talent for creative work
• Accurately completing time sheets on a weekly basis.
Candidates should have 5-10 years worth of experience within the agency environment and a creative portfolio of work to support. Must be able to work both independently and collaborate well with others. Original ideas and compelling, provcative writing skills are a must.
Please submit your resume and cover letter.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.