Senior Digital Strategist
- 640 Second Street, San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
We are Mekanism.
We solve real business problems using a strategic blend of storytelling, high design and/or clever, bust-a-gut humor. It’s basically just advertising. We do it for brands your Mom’s heard of – Pepsi, Charles Schwab, Method, GE, Virgin Mobile, Amazon, Ralph Lauren, Ben & Jerry’s, Muscle Milk, Nordstrom Rack, Brisk, AMP Energy, Amazon, The North Face, Starbucks, NBCUniversal, and a few others.
Our innovative approach to get assess in seats and move product from shelves has earned Agency of the Year Awards the past two years, numerous Effies, two Harvard case studies and all sorts of industry hardware.
We take great pride in making unconventional campaigns for brands in conventional categories. Our patented blend of storytelling for emerging media takes a small army of Mekanistas to pull off. What is a Mekanista you ask? Being a Mekanista requires a rare combination of being a strange, wonderful and talented person who enjoys coffee, crying, ping-pong and impromptu rooftop jam and workout sessions. We are smart, strange, wonderful folks that brave our contentious and often violent brainstorming sessions to make advertising magic.
The Digital Innovation Group at Mekanism is a kick-ass and growing team comprised of digital/social strategists, creative technologists, and digital producers. We work as a collaborative team to identify new ways of connecting people with brands through forward thinking digital/social solutions. Our main objectives are to inspire and advocate for digital/social innovation along with producing inventive and engaging experiences.
The Senior Digital Strategist is a strategic and creative thinker with a passion for all things digital. He/she will bring attention to detail as well as creativity and innovation to all responsibilities. This person is proactive and self-motivated, highly curious, collaborative and digital/social thinker. They possess a deep understanding of digital/social platforms and have a passion for discovering new ways to execute innovative brand campaigns.
This role is tasked with providing insights, thought leadership, digital/social strategy and CRM engagement. The Senior Digital Strategist is responsible for ongoing management, continuity, and execution of multiple simultaneous digital/social media influence marketing programs meeting business and brand goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Evangelize the power of digital/social innovation to inspire cutting edge strategy/creative/executions
- Identify new opportunities for digital/social innovation, enforce processes, provide quality assurance and implement best practices across all engagements
- Develop communication and CRM strategies for digital/social; covering topics such as campaign, communication and channel planning, and programmatic recommendations for acquiring customers and building lifetime value.
- Manage digital/social strategy, execution, measurement and optimization of large brand campaigns
- Integrate digital/social initiatives across multiple platforms and channels
- Collaborate with cross functional project teams to motivate, create and implement short and long-term integrated digital/social strategies
- Collaborate with and mentor digital innovation group team members with a focus on strategic insights, digital/social content creation, platform and community management, influencer programs, analytics and reporting
- 6 to 8 years of relevant digital/social media experience (agency experience preferred)
- Passion for digital/social innovation
- Strong digital/social strategy, communications and content development background
- Solid understanding of social media and the digital landscape
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and trends
- Superior communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Senior client services experience
- Outstanding research and analytical skills
- Ability to keep pace with our fast moving production pipeline
- Calm and tactful under pressure, able to juggle many tasks at once
- Collaborative and outgoing, with strong leadership skills
- You should get excited by words like “unprecedented result,” “innovation,” and “Mekanism”
- You must be awesome