Senior Digital Influence Strategist
- San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
We are Mekanism.
We solve real business problems using a strategic blend of storytelling, high design and/or clever, bust-a-gut humor. It’s basically just advertising. We do it for brands your Mom’s heard of – Pepsi, Charles Schwab, Method, GE, Virgin Mobile, Amazon, Ralph Lauren, Ben & Jerry’s, Muscle Milk, Nordstrom Rack, Brisk, AMP Energy, Amazon, The North Face, Starbucks, NBCUniversal, and a few others.
Our innovative approach to get assess in seats and move product from shelves has earned Agency of the Year Awards the past two years, numerous Effies, two Harvard case studies and all sorts of industry hardware.
We take great pride in making unconventional campaigns for brands in conventional categories. Our patented blend of storytelling for emerging media takes a small army of Mekanistas to pull off. What is a Mekanista you ask? Being a Mekanista requires a rare combination of being a strange, wonderful and talented person who enjoys coffee, crying, ping-pong and impromptu rooftop jam and workout sessions. We are smart, strange, wonderful folks that brave our contentious and often violent brainstorming sessions to make advertising magic.
The Digital Innovation Group at Mekanism is a kick-ass team of digital specialists. We work as a collaborative team to identify new ways of connecting people with brands through forward thinking digital/social solutions. Our main objectives are to inspire and advocate for digital/social innovation along with producing inventive and engaging experiences.
The Senior Digital Influence Strategist is a strategic and creative thinker with a passion for all things digital. He/she will bring attention to detail as well as creativity and innovation to all responsibilities. This person is proactive and self-motivated, highly curious, collaborative and digital/social thinker. They possess a deep understanding of influencer networks, distribution programs, digital/social platforms and the ability to drive measurable results.
This role is tasked with providing innovative insights, thought leadership, curated influencer network programs and the ability to establish a strong network of partners. The Senior Digital Influence Strategist is responsible for concepting, launching and executing digital/social media influence marketing programs meeting business and brand goals. As Mekanism continues to work within the digital influence space, this role is tasked with discovering new opportunities for growth and innovation to maintain our position as an industry leader.
Strategic Leadership, Planning and Execution
- Evangelize the power of digital/social influence to inspire cutting edge strategy/creative/executions
- Collaborate with cross functional project teams to motivate, create and implement short and long-term digital/social influence strategies
- Identify new opportunities for digital/social influence, enforce processes, provide quality assurance and implement best practices across all engagements
- Integrate digital/social influence initiatives across multiple platforms and channels
- Mentor digital innovation group team members with a focus on strategic insights, digital/social influencer created content, analytics and reporting
Influencer Outreach and Management
- Identify digital influencers and online media targets, and establish key relationships that convert into meaningful coverage for brands
- Foster and retain relationships with strong networks of influencers to distribute content across channels
- Assist in the creation of all SOW’s for digital influencer programs
- Act as client facing representative on all digital influencer programs
- Communicate progress and status to the client and internal agency teams
- Track budgets and schedules to ensure deliverables are executed on time and on budget
Research and Reporting
- Research and evaluate industry trends and emerging opportunities in the digital, social and influencer space.
- Analyze brand positioning and performance and extract insights for clients
- Establish benchmarks for campaign reporting
- Measure, monitor, and report ongoing results for multiple clients and campaigns
- 6 to 8 years of PR/advertising experience with a focus on influencer marketing (agency experience preferred)
- Solid understanding of social media and the digital landscape
- Proven ability to establish relationships with digital digital influencers and media outlets
- Experience with planning, managing and executing events – from 10 to 200 people
- Examples of previous media placement in consumer publications or consumer-facing online properties
- Strong digital/social influence strategy, communications and content marketing development background
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and trends
- Superior communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Senior client services experience
- Outstanding research and analytical skills