Senior Systems Administrator (Windows)
- Redwood City, CA
Merchant e-Solutions (MeS) is an innovative, Internet technology focused payments company providing a full-service payment platform for financial institutions, merchants and developers. By combining the latest technology and industry expertise with a customer centric focus, we continue to innovate easy-to-use solutions for the payment industry.
Currently, Merchant e-Solutions processes more than $14 billion dollars per year in domestic and international payments for more than 65,000 merchants supporting 150 global currencies and all major credit, debit and alternative payment solutions. Merchant e-Solutions' fully-integrated platform makes processing not just easier, but also much more affordable. Unlike other credit card payment systems, our technology, service and support operations are 100% in-house.
Merchant e-Solutions, as of August 2012, is now part of Cielo S.A. Headquartered in San Paulo, Brazil, Cielo is the leading merchant payment processor in Brazil and Latin America and one of the largest payment processors worldwide. MeS is headquartered in Redwood City, California, with operations in Spokane, Washington.
Our IT group's mission is to deploy and support exceptional information technology infrastructure, tools and services that empower staff to increase their productivity. We are looking for a full-time Senior Systems Administrator to help with the support, maintenance and administration of our corporate systems and infrastructure. We are looking for someone who thrives in a challenging environment. This is a full time, 40 hour per week position with benefits and a competitive salary which will depend on experience. Travel may be required as we have offices throughout the country. Working in a demanding, fast-paced environment, you will need exceptional technical expertise and individual initiative while maintaining a user-centric attitude. You will be responsible for the day-to-day technical operations and help ensure that technology is always an aid, not an obstacle.
- Provide day-to-day technical expertise.
- Tier III level support.
Performs incident resolution, problem determination and root cause analysis.
- Contributes to the development of new technology processes within the area of expertise.
Identifies roadblocks to task completion and effectively brings them to management for resolution.
- Works under general supervision and direction and seeks assistance as needed.
- Adjusts to multiple demands and shifting priorities; accepts responsibility for results of actions.
- Collaborates with others to achieve objectives and ensure information flow.
- Creates and maintains documentation for all IT processes and infrastructure.
- Participates in information technology and infrastructure projects.
- Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems.
- Performs and is responsible for system backups and recovery and procedures.
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the organization's Windows operating systems and all related systems or software.
- Analyzes and resolves problems associated with server hardware/software and applications software and ensures scalability and appropriate integration with other systems.
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills, soft skills area a must.
- Share in our 24/7 on-call responsibilities.
- Any other duties as needed or assigned.
- In-depth experience with Windows 7, Server 2003/2008/2012, SQL 2005/2008/2012, Exchange 2010/2012.
- In-depth experience with Active Directory, GPOs, PowerShell, Windows administrative tools.
- In-depth understanding of information security principles and practices.
- In-depth experience with systems monitoring and automation tools.
- Strong experience and understanding of networking, including the configuration and operation of switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs and other networking equipment and protocols.
- Core Microsoft fundamentals.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems in a heterogeneous desktop and server environment.
- Knowledge of security management, including OS lockdown and systems hardening.
- Patch Management.
- H/W & S/W upgrades.
- Back-ups and Back-up strategies.
- In-depth disciplinary knowledge; leverages business acumen and provides SME.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and with a team is a must; a self-starter and self-motivation are needed.
- Expert knowledge of operating systems.
- Expert knowledge of systems hardware.
- Expert knowledge of IT Operations.
- Strong knowledge of network technologies.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards, best practices and audit requirements.
- Experience with Disaster Recover and Business Continuity.
- Has knowledge of familiar and commonly used IT concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Administrative scripting (highly preferred).
- Excellent knowledge of server hardware and problem-solving skills.
- Project management and documentation skills.
- High level of initiative and dedication.
- Creative problem solving abilities.
- Detailed technical work as well as detailed documentation, attention to detail is a must.
- Must be able to lift equipment as needed.
Education & Certifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (or related field) preferred or with extensive equivalent combination of experience, training and education.
- Requires 6+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of the following technical certifications:
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+
- MCSA (Systems Administrator and/or Solutions Architect)
- MCSE (Systems Engineer and/or Solutions Expert)
Additional key skills and qualities:
- Ability to take direction from various sources and continually re-adjust priorities as needed.
- Ability to stay focused and productive without constant supervision or direction.
- Provide patient and clear technical assistance to a non-technical user base.
- Exceptional problem solving, decision making and creative thinking.
- Must be intelligent, inquisitive, confident and energetic.
- Must be able to encounter unfamiliar technologies, applications and situations, figure them out, and provide solutions that match both our employee's and our company's needs.
- Must be very organized and dependable.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Merchant e-Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.