Senior Java Engineer
- Redwood City, CA
Merchant e-Solutions (MeS) is an innovative, Internet technology focused payments company providing a full-service payment platform for financial institutions, merchants and developers. By combining the latest technology and industry expertise with a customer centric focus, we continue to innovate easy-to-use solutions for the payment industry.
Currently, Merchant e-Solutions processes more than $14 billion dollars per year in domestic and international payments for more than 65,000 merchants supporting 150 global currencies and all major credit, debit and alternative payment solutions. Merchant e-Solutions' fully-integrated platform makes processing not just easier, but also much more affordable. Unlike other credit card payment systems, our technology, service and support operations are 100% in-house.
Merchant e-Solutions, as of August 2012, is now part of Cielo S.A. Headquartered in San Paulo, Brazil, Cielo is the leading merchant payment processor in Brazil and Latin America and one of the largest payment processors worldwide. MeS is headquartered in Redwood City, California, with operations in Spokane, Washington.
- Interact with solutions team to drive the evolution of the technical design and implementation of the solution
- Lead and direct back-end development and server side engineering.
- Interact and support the development of front-end applications
- Support and improve our tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
- Fast-paced environment with the right balance of quick, iterative development versus more deliberate, smart architecting.
- Strengthen or improve development and release processes within the team.
- Engage in integration with various third parties with a wide range of integration specifications (XML/SOAP, HTTPS Post, SFTP, etc.)
- Knowledge of the payments industry and/or financial services
- Strong knowledge of Java and a deep understanding of the Java ecosystem
- Great understanding of software design principles.
- Able to work within the software development lifecycle, and contribute within a team.
- Very experienced with low level network protocol design principals and debugging techniques
- Comfortable working with SQL databases, optimizing queries, etc.
- Oracle experience
- Knowledge of secure coding principals and security issues that affect both front and backend systems (i.e. OWASP top 10)
Merchant e-Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.