Sr. Software Developer Analyst
- Brea, CA
Mercury General is the leading independent broker and agency writer of automobile insurance in California and has been one of the fastest growing automobile insurers in the nation. It is ranked as the third largest private passenger automobile insurer in California, with total assets over $4 billion.
Under general direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities. May be responsible for completion of a phase of a project. Regularly provides guidance and training to less-experienced analyst/programmers.
Worker characteristics are normally acquired through the successful completion of a 4-year college degree in information technologies with specific emphasis on process design and software development and 4 - 5 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• 5 to 7 years of strong experience with BI/ETL tool Informatica Powercenter, PowerExchange
• 3 to 5 years of strong experience writing / debugging SQL queries
• 3 to 5 years of strong experience in writing / debugging unix shell scripts
• Strong experience in Data Analysis
• Knowledge and experience with database design principals including referential integrity, normalization and optimization to support application development
• Ability to work with business analysts and staff to establish and maintain consistent data element definitions across multiple computing environments
• Required to monitor and support ETL load during and off-hours / weekends as needed
• Knowledge and experience working with enterprise Scheduling tools -- Tivoli preferred
• Experienced with a formal System Development Life Cycle preferred
• Experience in the Auto Insurance industry preferred
• Expreience working with Netezza preferred
• Experience with other integration tools like Business Objects, Data Integrator preferred
Excellent total rewards: comprehensive benefits, bonus potential twice a year, generous amount of time off, many more perks. Apply on-line: www.mercuryinsurance.com