Lead Java Developer / Senior Software Engineer
- Durham, NC
We are looking for a Developer for our client, This position is based in Durham, NC.
This Senior Software Engineer will play a Development Lead role within the Development team.
This individual will be responsible for the creation of quality web based software components that are used by Client's retail and workplace customers. The Senior Software Engineer will work closely with the project manager, systems analysts, architects, and other developers to design, build, test, and deliver the features that make up Client's internet experience. They will be expected to provide guidance and mentoring to the other developers on their projects.
- Provides business solutions by developing complex or multiple software applications.
- Determines and develop approaches to solutions.
- Performs complex technical and functional analysis for multiple projects Helps define application level architecture
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other developers
- Works under minimal direction
- Represents technology solutions to our business partners
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in software development
Skills and Knowledge
- Continuous integration using Jenkins or equivalent
- Experience building responsive web applications
- Strong software development skills using Java technologies in a service oriented architecture
- Server Side Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets and Tomcat are all required. Websphere would be desirable.
- The following are considered a plus: Open Source Frameworks - Spring MVC, Spring Core. XML, Integration with
- SOAP WebServices : JAX-WS
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to solve problems and formulate recommendations
- Understanding of the waterfall and agile software development methodologies
- Ability to work on multiple efforts simultaneously
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lead a team of developers and collaborate with others