Summary: This individual must be team oriented and flexible, and actively seek to share information and assist his peers. Possesses solid communication skills, both oral and written. Demonstrates strong electronic repair troubleshooting methodology and maintains at least an intermediate technical level of product knowledge.
Cross trains on all products serviced in the field, including FA, Quad View, Eagle Pro and Eagle X ray products. Willingness to work on special projects, some of high visibility. Looks for common-mode problem occurrences and seeks to resolve, both independently and with the aid of others. Has a working knowledge of PC applications (MS Word, Excel & Power Point) to provide clear, concise information summaries as needed. Troubleshoots, services, installs (deploys) and repairs Eagle Product Inspection products at customer sites.
Maintains field service log and filing system to properly initiate, organize and maintain all field service and job files until work is completed. When not on travel, individual will provide assistance to the Technical Support staff. Conducts follow up calls with the customer to check system status.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction
- Installs repairs and maintains equipment in the field; provides customer training as required.
- Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis
- Order, install, and return parts and manages repair parts cycle time.
- Reviews all logs for open issues and prepares formal reports to customers as necessary.
- Participates in Service sales opportunities and assists with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
- Assesses product/equipment performance based on field support data; recommends modifications or improvements.
- Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
- May participate in site surveys, pilot program service activities, attend meetings, champion special projects and prepare exclusive reports.
- Possesses a solid level of technical knowledge on Eagle PI X-Ray products.
- Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written
- Establishes and maintains a close relationship with senior level FSE’s and Product Specialist in order to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technical trends.
- Exercises every available measure to control and minimize costs.
- Travel, overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Other duties as required.
Primary People Contact:
- External Customers
- External Partners
- Interdepartmental Personnel
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task several projects at once.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual
- Possessoutstanding telephone skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude:
- Individuals should possess good communications skills and have a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork.
- Must be responsive to all customer issues at all times.
- Must have own credit card and be willing & able to travel at short notice.
- Supervises: While supervision is not considered a primary responsibility of this position, there may be instances where supervision of others on a project basis may be required