Field Service Engineer - Midwest
- Chicago, IL
METTLER TOLEDO is a global manufacturer and marketer of precision instruments for use in laboratory, industrial and food retailing applications. The Company has strong worldwide leadership positions. A significant majority of our instrument sales are in segments in which we are the global leader. In addition to a broad product offering, we have one of the largest global sales and service organizations among precision instrument companies.
We focus on the high value-added segments of our markets by providing innovative instruments that often integrate various technologies including application-specific solutions for customers. We design our instruments not only to gather valuable data but also to facilitate the processing and transfer of this data into customers' management information systems.
- Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction
- Installs repairs and maintains equipment in the field; provides customer training as required.
- Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis
- Order, install, and return parts and manages repair parts cycle time.
- Reviews all logs for open issues and prepares formal reports to customers as necessary.
- Participates in Service sales opportunities and assists with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
- Assesses product/equipment performance based on field support data; recommends modifications or improvements.
- Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
- May participate in site surveys, pilot program service activities, attend meetings, champion special projects and prepare exclusive reports.
- Possesses a solid level of technical knowledge on Eagle PI X-Ray products.
- Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written
- Establishes and maintains a close relationship with senior level FSE’s and Product Specialist in order to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technical trends.
- Exercises every available measure to control and minimize costs.
- Travel, overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Other duties as required.
- External Customers
- External Partners
- Interdepartmental Personnel
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task several projects at once.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual
- Possessoutstanding telephone skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Individuals should possess good communications skills and have a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork.
- Must be responsive to all customer issues at all times.
- Must have own credit card and be willing & able to travel at short notice.
- Supervises: While supervision is not considered a primary responsibility of this position, there may be instances where supervision of others on a project basis may be required
- Education/Training: Associates Degree or equivalent technical training. Electrical/Electronic Engineering related Degree. Computer literacy required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience, directly involved in troubleshooting and field repair of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
Mettler-Toledo Safeline is the world leader in industrial metal detection and x-ray equipment offering an excellent compensation package. Company paid benefits include: Health, Life, STD/LTD, and Dental. We also offer 401(k) Plan and Tuition Reimbursement.