- Warsaw, Poland
Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People ….MicroStrategy, A Dynamic Place to Work.
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force—our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity, fresh ideas, and be a part of technology innovation at its best.
MicroStrategy is expanding its global engineering presence, by establishing a Technology Center in Warsaw, Poland. We are looking for talented individuals to fill a variety of roles within our Technology team to support our Enterprise Assets and SDK teams.
We need a technical Product Owner to lead the scrum team and drive complexity out of the system, research new technologies, deployment strategies, and bundle necessary development accelerators as part of the On-Premises unified platform. These engineers shall participate in the tear-down of the current architecture, UX design and development of new offering and be responsible for the design, quality, speed, reliability and maintenance of product capabilities as well as constantly drive automation through every initiative.
- Lead the charge to build compelling user focused product capabilities resulting in a simple, frictionless experience for all user profiles
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the company
- Feed the team with well-crafted user stories with thorough Acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with Product Management on constructing a clear Product portfolio of features and initiatives
- Create, maintain, and refine the product backlog
- Convey the vision and goals at the beginning of every Iteration and Release
- Inspect the progress at the end of every iteration through demonstrations
- Accept scrum team work
- Work in close conjunction with the UX team to produce a world-class experience
- Simplify the product offerings to streamline deployment
- Research related technology, advancements in industry, and make business recommendations
- Drive unit tests, automation, continuous integration and deployment through the entire discipline
- Eliminate waste and actively manage 3rd party redistributables
- Candidate will preferably have 18 months of relevant hands-on experience,
preferably some previous experience in software design and development
- Strong experience working in an Agile / Scrum team environment
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating system and other fundamental
Computer Science concepts are desirable but not required
- Team-oriented individual, positive attitude, energetic, result & delivery oriented, keen interest on quality and intense attention to detail
- Employ user-centric mindset to drive product research and development
- Develop ideas based on creative or unconventional approach
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum team environment
- Exceptional analytical abilities and a desire to learn new concepts
- Demonstrated leadership, charisma, and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong creativity and ability to work as part of a team
- Technical skills that will lend well to prototyping new design ideas, researching
new trends in building rich mobile or internet applications. Interests
in User Interface design desirable
- Knowledge of databases administration and Linux is desirable
- Knowledge of Cloudera and Horntonworks is a plus
- Programming skills in C++, Java is a plus
MicroStrategy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.