Senior Product Owner
- Warsaw, Poland
Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People ….MicroStrategy, A Dynamic Place to Work!
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force—our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity, and fresh ideas, and be a part of technology innovation at its best!
The Product Owner will overall be responsible for the direction of a MicroStrategy product module. The Product Owner will work very closely with the Product Manager in deciding on the roadmap and also lead the scrum team to execute the release plan and iteration plan.
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
- Work in Agile practice, support corresponding stakeholders and scrum team.
- Work with stakeholders and scrum team on priorities and release planning; commit functions that in align with company strategy.
- Responsible to define product requirements, maintain product backlog. Guide prototype solutions as proof of concept for inclusion into the mainstream product suite, write specification and design documents to facilitate assimilation of new concepts into product features
- Work with Product Management, Customers, Tech Services, Education, Consulting teams. Have a good knowledge of both customer scenarios and competitor products.
- Work with scrum team including architects, developers and testers to deploy and break down requirement/user stories into executable chunks and put requirements to deliverable product.
- Articulate to team members and management the value of these new features and back it up with the research required to showcase overall value to the product suite.
- Responsible for accepting completed work items so they can be released to production. This includes validation that the story meets acceptance criteria and that the appropriate acceptance tests have been completed.
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree/ Master’s or Doctorate preferred (Computer Science, Math,or Engineering a plus).
- Candidate will preferably have 18 months of relevant hands-on experience,
preferably some previous experience in software design and development
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Exceptional analytical abilities and a desire to learn new concepts.
- Demonstrated leadership, charisma, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong creativity and ability to work as part of a team.
- Technical skills that will lend well to prototyping new design ideas, researching
new trends in building rich mobile or internet applications. Interests
in User Interface design desirable.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating system and other fundamental
Computer Science concepts are desirable but not required.
- Knowledge of databases administration and Linux is desirable.
- Knowledge of Cloudera and Horntonworks is a plus.
- Programming skills in C++, Java is a plus.
MicroStrategy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.