- Warsaw, Poland
Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People ….MicroStrategy, A Dynamic Place to Work.
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force—our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity, fresh ideas, and be a part of technology innovation at its best.
MicroStrategy is in the middle of an Enterprise Agile transition changing the very core of how we develop software to be nimble, disciplined, and value driven. We are seeking a motivated Scrum Master to lead a group of delivery teams to effectively reach corporate goals in a high visibility, fast paced environment, aligning to this mission.
MicroStrategy is expanding its global engineering presence, by establishing a Technology Center in Warsaw, Poland. We are looking for talented individuals to fill a variety of roles within our Technology team to support our Enterprise Assets and SDK teams.
- Organize and facilitate Scrum ceremonies and backlog refinement under minimal supervision
- Champion Agile software development best practices, acting as a coach to the Scrum teams
- Support the Product Owner in grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Track and communicate team status and progress via burnup and burndown charts, as well as other information radiators, to the team, management, and stakeholders ensuring it accurately reflects current state
- Take responsibility for managing dependencies between the Scrum team and others, collaborating within the Scrum Master network especially with regards to items necessary for product release
- Demonstrate sense of urgency and responsiveness to complete work and solve problems, with a strong drive to persevere when faced with ambiguity
- Proactively remove or escalate roadblocks to allow team progress
- Maintains relevant metrics to help the team monitor their performance
- Encourages continual improvement in Engineering practices to improve code quality and delivery
- Coordinates timely response and support to production line customer issues, when escalated
- Participates in project release estimation process
- Bachelor's degree
- Software development and/or Project Management experience in a professional environment using
- Agile methodologies
- 2+ years of hands-on Scrum Master experience (Backlog management, iteration planning, performance measuring)
- CSM / PMP certifications preferred
- Experience using Rally Software or other Agile software tools (VersionOne, Jira), and collaboration tools such as Confluence preferred
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, time management and influencing skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Large / Enterprise application development experience using Agile methodologies
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Able to resolve conflicts, facilitate discussions, propose viable alternatives, and consider different approaches
- Situational Awareness must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Quick learner must be able to quickly gain a high-level understanding of the technical and business domains of the Scrum teams
- Have a passion for creating an environment for a successful agile team
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under minimal supervision are required
- Desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business teams about technical development to gain business trust
- Team-oriented individual, positive attitude, energetic, result & delivery oriented
- Strong command of the English language, both written and spoken
MicroStrategy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.