Lead Software Developer, Ruby on Rails
- Gurgaon, IN, Gurgaon, India
MindNudge is a next-generation learning technology company that helps businesses achieve real, scalable, and sustainable learning that positively impacts business results.
MindNudge is combining three of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity. We are combining latest insights from cognitive science and adaptive learning with the power of social, mobile, gamification and cloud to dynamically address each employee's knowledge gaps, drive long-term retention and build solid confidence to apply knowledge at work - learning that works!
MindNudge is a very dynamic, highly demanding work environment. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget. It’s about making learning fun, personalized, scalable and sustainable. This is high performance IT. Do you like:
- Little structure and hierarchy, few rules and an opportunity to define your own role.
- An opportunity to make significant contributions by wearing multiple hats and managing multiple parts of the business.
- A chance to build something meaningful at the intersection of three of the fastest growing fields on the planet - brain science, technology and education.
- To make some high-impact decisions, interact with executives, and simply “make a difference.”
- Unlimited advancement opportunity - You could be the CTO here!
- Full stack web development using Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, HTML5, CSS3, SASS, HAML, jQuery, Coffeescript, Databases (esp. PostgreSQL) and shell.
- Contribute to the architecture and evolution of our scalable Cloud platform
- Conceive and develop the new engagement concepts and design .
- Find creative and elegant solutions to complex problems
- Work in an agile environment where quick iterations and good feedback are a way of life
- Continually look for opportunities to improve our platform, process and business
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- 5-8 years of strong software development experience and software engineering skills using Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, HTML5, CSS3, SASS, HAML, jQuery, Coffeescript, Databases (esp. PostgreSQL) and shell.
- Full stack web development expertise
- Deep expertise and practical knowledge of operating systems, PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases (Redis or couchbase or mongodb)
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services(AWS), S3, CloudFront and DigitalOcean
- Experience of having built web-scale or online gaming products
- Experience with Docker(docker.io) will be a plus
- Self motivated and team player
- An active github account
- Rolled out your own web site in the cloud
- Dealt with database performance issues and query optimization in MySQL
- Contributed fixes/features to Rails, jQuery
- Written and/or maintain a Rails plugin
Benefits & Perks:
- CTC will be market competitive and significant chunk of the stock options so that you can share the upside of MindNudge's success.
- An intimate and informal office set-up that will make you feel at home
- Casual dress code everyday
- Free food from a menu exploding with every possible option you can imagine.
- Half-day Fridays
- Flexible working hours