- Washington, DC, USA
- Clearance Level: Top Secret
A Sea of Choices – One Solution
There are almost as many Cybersecurity firms as there are organizations in need of their guidance. The big names boast decades of experience and a global reputation; the smaller names promise personalized work experience with lean operations.
We know there are a lot of firms vying for you. So why choose MindPoint Group?
MindPoint Group – The Cybersecurity Security Job You’ve Been Looking For
At MindPoint Group, we specialize in one thing: Cybersecurity. In fact, our singular focus and reputation as cybersecurity specialist have earned us roles as trusted advisors to key government decision-makers where we help shape Cybersecurity policy, engineer innovative security solutions, and support security operations.
At MindPoint Group, we hire only the most driven, most qualified IT security professionals, and we equip them with the tools and resources they need to deliver success. We are profoundly invested in selecting the right people to join our team and are equally driven to retain them for the long term. And so, when we find the right fit, we make it work. We offer challenging, growth-oriented assignments. Our collaborative culture unites our staff. And we reward employees with a competitive and exceptional benefits package.
MindPoint Group is deeply committed to our mission to become a trusted partner by consistently delivering proven, on point services to our clients. We strive to provide an organizational culture that fosters innovation, technical excellence, dedication to repeatable processes, and attention to detail. We believe that by empowering our employees to excel and providing them with the means to do so, MindPoint Group will consistently exceed our customers’ expectations.
MindPoint Group is seeking an experienced Security Engineer to support security operations, strategy, planning, architecture, vulnerability assessments and remediation, and coordination with various government security entities. This includes the documentation of security strategy, planning, architecture, implementation and operation of a wide range of security technologies in mission critical environment. The candidate should be familiar with the following:
- Security Operations, Engineering, and Architecture
- Sourcefire NIDS
- McAfee ePO (HBSS)
- Firewalls (Cisco ASA)
- Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems
- Virtualization Technologies (VMWare, etc)
The candidate will be responsible for updating system software, reviewing and applying content (AV, NIDS) updates, developing custom signatures and content, administration of firewalls, IDS, and other security system rule sets and policies. The candidate will need to have a strong knowledge of the underlying technologies that contribute to the system infrastructure and how they interact. Network, Operating Systems, Applications and Servers, and Security Hardware and Software.
Functional Responsibilities: The candidate may perform any or all of the following:
- Develop system security design documentation.
- Develop network security systems and security operation center knowledge base articles, how-to documents, standard operating procedures, and policies.
- Develop incident investigation and incident handling knowledge base articles, how-to documents, and standard operating procedures.
- Design, implement, maintain, administer, and operate network security systems.
- Review all IT system development plans to ensure designs meet governmental regulatory standards and provide an appropriate level of protection for the client systems and data that interacts with those systems.
- Conducts analysis of system requirements and components and performs system audits to ensure intended system functionality, operation, and performance requirements are met.
- Develops programs, scripts, or code segments as necessary to facilitate operation, administration, maintenance, or analysis of data and systems.
- Performs evaluation and review of GOTS/COTS software and systems to ensure they meet government regulatory requirements.
- Evaluates, installs, configures, tests, and updates network security systems and hardware.
- Trained and skilled individual with in-depth knowledge of the Security Tasks listed in the SOW. Resource will provide training and knowledge transfer on these technologies to the other operational resources team.
- Minimum of 8 years of general work experience and 6 years of relevant experience in functional responsibility.
- Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent combination of formal education, experience.
- Understanding of and experience working in a classified environment.
- Candidate should have strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Candidate should have concise writing skills, excellent MS Word skills as well as other MS Office Applications.
- CISSP, GCFW, GSEC, Splunk, or other certifications preferred (not required)
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Experience with network security tools such as Tenable Nessus/SecurityCenter, SourceFire IDS, Cisco ASA, Splunk, etc.
- Understanding and experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare) a plus.
- Experience with the following: Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/8/10, McAfee ePO (HBSS), SourceFire IDS, Syslog (rsyslog, syslog-ng, etc), Linux variants (RedHat/CentOS/Ubuntu), Event log collection, scripting (Python, Perl, Bash, PowerShell), VMWare.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.