- San Diego, CA
Mindgruve is a full service digital marketing and technology company that specializes in integrated media campaigns for some of America's top brands. Our strategy, creative, technology and marketing teams work collaboratively to deliver highly effective campaigns across all channels, platforms and devices.
Mindgruve is seeking a PHP and MySQL Expert that has designed and maintained large-scale web applications. Our ideal candidate will be comfortable working alone or in a small team, and have experience working directly with clients.
This position reports to the Development Team Manager and will be instrumental in driving Mindgruve to utilize emerging technology and data-centric solutions to drive results for our clients. This position requires a PHP and MySQL expert that will design and maintain large-scale web applications. This position will work closely with other members of the development team as well as certain individuals on the account management and design teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with members of the account management, design and front-end development teams to develop and maintain custom client websites and large-scale applications.
- Work with members of the account management, project management, creative, and front-end development teams on maintenance scoping and development for existing clients.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug applications.
- Collaborate with the UI team on implementation and development.
- Timely deliver expected projects and tasks on time and within budgeted hours.
- Provide documentation from completed projects and tasks.
- Adhere to development standards and best practices.
- Adapt technical skills to facilitate department and company goals.
- Serve in a tech support capacity for Mindgruve by being a general repository of technical information and know-how at the disposal of the agency.
- Manage productivity, time and tasks in Mindgruve’s management system Workamajig. This includes, but is not limited to, accurately tracking all work in real-time, submitting accurate time sheets on a weekly basis and managing assigned tasks with the system.
We need a person with:
Excellent organizational, analytical, and planning skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to deal with deadline pressures and multiple projects and changing priorities; knowledgeable in object oriented programming, SQL and the MVC architecture; comfortable and adept at self-management.
- Expert in PHP5 and MySQL and the ability to seamlessly apply them to web development projects.
- Proficiency in Python & Django
- Proficiency in MongoDB
- MVC understanding (frameworks such as Symfony a big plus)
- Experience with Linux and Apache
- Working knowledge of AJAX and SVN
- Experience with CMS systems (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, custom, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional multitasking skills in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Good eye for aesthetics and attention to detail
- Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Native Mobile App Development
- Agency Experience
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of backend development experience preferably in a digital agency or development focused organization.
Compensation commensurate with experience. We offer competitive benefits including medical and 401K. This is an in-house position. No headhunters, contractors, freelancers, overseas agents or professional job-hoppers will be considered.
Qualified candidates MUST submit a cover letter, resume, and hourly/salary history to email@example.com with “PHP/MySQL Developer” in the subject line.