Junior Sous Chef
- Anantara Kihavah Villas, Baa.Atoll, mv
- Company Location: Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas
Anantara. The word in Sanskrit means "the flow of water without borders" and evokes the freedom, movement and harmony that are the spirit of the Anantara Experience.
Each Anantara Resort draws its strength from the rich cultural traditions, historic heritage and natural beauty of its destination. As such, every experience is a unique voyage of discovery and inspiration that is distinctly Anantara.
As a Jr.Sous Chef you must be intimately familiar with all the activities involved in kitchen operations and be prepared to step in and cover all eventualities if called upon. You will need to be able to prepare and cook a wide range of international dishes, including French, Italian, and fusion cooking. The Jr.Sous Chef is also responsible for overseeing the kitchen team members, which will involve preparing, scheduling and delivering training, managing team member performance, ensuring that the kitchen safety standards are up to date and that team members are complying with health, safety and sanitation rules. Additionally you will help with menu planning, inventory control, and supply management.
• College degree in Hotel Management or related culinary degree
• At least 3 years of industry and culinary management experience
• Previous experience training team members in large quantity food preparation.
• Excellent knowledge of quality food operations.
• Passion for leadership and teamwork
• Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence
• Excellent guest service skills