Assistant Learning Manager
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Company Location: Avani+ Riverside Bangkok Hotel
Contemporary, relaxed and imaginative. Be it a leisurely family break or romantic escape, AVANI Hotels & Resorts provides the right space for guests who value the details that matter.
The training element gives staff the understanding, practical skills and motivation to carry out particular work-related tasks. The Manager will either deliver training sessions to participants or arrange for others to do so.
The development work relates to the ongoing, long-term improvement of employees' skills so that they can fulfill their potential within their organization.
The training and development manager is responsible for developing a comprehensive training package that encompasses both these elements in order to maintain a motivated and skilled workforce and to fulfill the needs of the organization.
Training and Development
• Assist on training budget planning
• Assist on modification of training roadmap in alignment with training need survey and HR strategy
• Conduct training need analysis and evaluation and monitor training budget spent with each brand
• Coordinate with line managers to identify trainers or instructors for identified courses in alignment with planned budget
• Ensure that statutory training requirements are met according to Thai legislation
• Help brand managers or operations manager to solve specific training problems
• Modify / develop training courses to continuously monitor staff capabilities ranging from training contents, tests or knowledge refreshment activities
• Develop and execute annual training plan in alignment with training roadmap
• Conduct basic training courses for developing internal trainers or shop staff
• Develop and execute orientation / on boarding plan with monitoring feedback or improvements from new comers
• Develop and execute other development initiatives such as succession planning or high performer development
• Identify critical skills for business and develop courses to support identified critical skills
• Develop new channels or platforms for staff learning
• Support performance management process esp. L4 and below and monitor updates of KPI achievements and performance appraisal of L3 and above
• Provide supports to brand Managers / staff to ensure process effectiveness
Employee Relation / Engagement
• Support on implementations of communication activities or programs to enhance employee perception or engagement towards MHG
• Coordinate with brands on setting up or arranging employee activities to promote or enhance employee relations including budget control
• Bachelor’s Degree in HR or Business Administration fields
• Minimum 5 years in training role
• Ablility to coach people and take responsibility for developing their performance, giving feedback and guidance.
• Passion about improving customer service, focus on achieving results.
• Operational experience in any hotel function would be an advantage.
• Manage interpersonal relationships at all levels in the company
• Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
• People oriented and results driven
• Good analytical and project management skills
• Prefer working in dynamic environment
• Good command of Business English