Join one of the web's fastest-growing and most exciting businesses, Minted.com. Minted is a social commerce site, crowd-sourcing graphic designs and art from a global design community and selling those as printed paper products, initially focused on the $10 billion stationery and $48 billion art markets. Combining community with commerce, Minted was founded by a successful serial entrepreneur. Minted is located in San Francisco and is backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, and angel investors including Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp.
Minted is comprised of an experienced and entrepreneurial team. We come from Google, Amazon, Microsoft, eBay, Goldman Sachs and numerous disruptive startups. This is a great opportunity to learn from a stellar executive team and work on a world-changing product, all supported by a proven business model.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Director of Fulfillment Engineering is broadly responsible for the systems that enable Minted to deliver world-class service and product quality while meeting profitability targets. This is a critical leadership role at Minted. We are seeking an individual who can be responsible for strategy, managing engineers toward deliverables, as well as perform hands-on coding.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- In collaboration with the VP of Operations, define requirements for all fulfillment-related code and technical systems. This includes the fulfillment of new products and formats and all internal customer service and workflow systems. On all matters relating to these areas, serve as the interface to the Technology team for marketing, product management, merchandising, customer service, design associates and vendors.
- Manage technology solutions for printing, photo quality, colorspaces, PDF generation, order management, and customer service/workflow.
- Ensure server performance and availability for order management servers.
- Perform project management to ensure on-time delivery of fulfillment projects with fast performance and minimal error rates.
- Perform hands-on coding and debugging.
- In collaboration with VP of Operations, manage toward cost targets for cost of goods sold and cost of sales, which constitute a significant portion of the company's margin structure, and manage toward world-class standards in customer service, order accuracy and order quality.
- Oversee technical architecture for the fulfillment engineering codebase.
- Manage relationship between Minted and external print service providers.
- Work with executive management team to set priorities for projects.
- Manage engineers who work on fulfillment technologies. Provide morale, career development, and mentorship.
- Three years experiencing managing a team of 3+ engineers.
- BS or above in computer science.
- Experience with printing, photos, fulfillment technology.
- Experience with order management and customer service technology.
- Experience working at a commerce software company.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.