Human Resources/Office Administrator (Bilingual Spanish/English)
- Alexandria, VA
Founded in 1976, Mister Kleen is a leading provider of commercial and high security cleaning services. Our primary focus is providing contract cleaning services to commercial and high-security facilities in the D.C. Metro area. We also have a special services division that does complete smoke and water damage restoration, carpet and upholstery cleaning, complete floor care, and other specialty projects. Our philosophy is slow and steady growth with a good return on our efforts.
Mister Kleen services more than seven million square feet of commercial office space in over 35 locations. We attribute our success to being extremely focused on clients' individual needs. We operate under the philosophy of a "professional, yet personalized Service Company."
Mister Kleen Maintenance Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
The Human Resources/Office Administrator is responsible for assisting the Office Manager in the efficient operation of the office. Specifically, the Human Resources/Office Administrator will be responsible for:
- provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department;
- assisting HR with recruiting activities (applicant tracking, candidate greeting, new hire paperwork, etc.);
- receptionist duties;
- assisting in maintaining the cleanliness of all common areas;
- research and negotiation of office supplies and maintaining adequate stock levels;
- assisting in the scheduling of facility repairs and maintenance;
- assisting in maintaining the office equipment in good order;
- IT helpdesk support (preparation for IT equipment for meetings, desk moves/relocations, software issues, and general IT questions; and
- administrative support (typing, filing, faxing, shipping, deliveries, errands, etc.)
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Human Resources Duties
- Assist Junior HR Generalist with employee on-boarding activities, as needed.
- Assist HR team with tracking and maintaining records for government compliance and reporting, as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of Employee Programs such as Employee of the Quarter, Employee Tenure, etc.
- Assist in the coordination of Employee Events such as Birthday Celebrations and other events as needed.
- Responsible for translating company policies and procedures.
- Assist with I-9 notifications and eVerify.
- Assist with data entry of workers compensation and general liability claims.
- Update the monthly liability report with the claims adjuster notes.
- Assist with WinTeam data entry and reporting.
- Ensure active and termed employee files are filed accordingly.
- Create employee folders.
- Responsible for creating monthly union seniority report.
- Assist with processing and responding to garnishment notices, unemployment claims, and employment verifications.
Office Administration Duties
- Customer Service. Serves as the first point of contact for MK, greeting guests and answering phones. Screen for solicitation calls so as to limit interruptions to office staff. Accurately direct calls to appropriate person’s extension. Keeps the message board up to date to welcome guests.
- Phone Administration. Maintains the accuracy of the company phone directory. Manage telephone systems to include updating the phone menus, directories, voicemail menus, syncing phones times. Check job opportunity voicemail line. Update BackTrax message on hold (Nov. and Dec.)
- Office Cleanliness. Inspects the common areas of the office—conference rooms, copy room, kitchen, coffee station(s), and lobby—on a daily basis, ensuring they are neat, clean, and well‑stocked. Oversee Exterminator (1 x month).
- Conference Rooms. Provides conference room support, coordinating and setting up internal and external meetings. Maintain accuracy of conference room calendar to avoid meeting conflicts.
- Company Mail. Open, only if approved, date stamp, and disseminates company mail daily to appropriate personnel. Processes all mail requests, including (as directed) overnight shipments.
- Office Supplies. Monitors and orders office supplies for the organization. Working in conjunction with the Office Manager ensures adequate supply levels; cost negotiation seeking the lowest price; and inventory management and control. Maintain record of reward points for cash back from different office suppliers. Responsible for assisting with the office recycle program including returning empty toner cartridges to office supply store for credit and recycling.
- Office Equipment. Responsible for maintenance of all office machines (copier, printers, fax machines, telephones) by troubleshooting and utilizing on-line assistance to resolution. Notifies the appropriate external vendor of any non-working equipment. Replaces/replenishes toner in the office copier.
- Company Meetings. Orders and coordinates catering for meetings when required. Coordinate and set up/break down food for Monthly Managers Meeting, Birthdays, Training sessions, etc. Provides support for all employee functions/meetings.
- Company Calendar. Maintain company calendar in regards to employee birthdays, anniversaries, time off and special requests. Responsible for updating and distributing calendar for Monthly Manager’s meeting.
- Administrative Support. Types/produces correspondence as needed utilizing Microsoft Office software applications. Faxes, files, and copies. Run errands as requested (Post office, purchasing coffee products, etc.). Place Daycon order for building maintenance products for office headquarters. Facilitate receiving of deliveries and assist with outgoing mail, UPS, FedEx and Courier services as needed. Update and or create MSDS books as needed for operations. Compile the Sales Lead Tracking Report monthly for the President.
IT Helpdesk Duties
- Assist in the troubleshooting and resolution of IT related issues for office personnel. Escalate issues to external IT partner, Savant, as needed.
- Assist in moving IT equipment as needed for office relocations and as equipment is replaced.
- Assist in the set-up and breakdown of IT equipment for meetings, including the testing of the equipment prior to the start of meetings.
- Ensure all company data is cleaned from any equipment identified for recycling.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred, but not required). Some applicable college coursework highly desirable.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency (Intermediate Level or above)
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar Human Resources Administrator role
- Prior IT Helpdesk Support experience or technical aptitude, certifications, and/or education
- Possess a pleasant personality, clear friendly phone voice, and professional appearance (business attire required)
- Prior role handling confidential information (HR, Executive Level)
- Ability to focus on details and perform functions with accuracy
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently with minimum direction or supervision
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through independently
- Ability to listen and communicate (written and verbal), using excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills to follow up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment
- Ability to demonstrate good, sound judgment
- Prior experience working in a small company, cross-training on co-workers’ duties, and assisting where needed to accomplish company goals and objectives
- Possess good work ethic and exceptional attendance patterns
- Willing to do what it takes to complete work assignments timely and accurately
- Reliable Transportation and Clean Driving Record (required to run errands for the office and to be covered under company insurance plan)
- Bilingual Requried (English/Spanish)
Environment of Workspace
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to type, lift, and carry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. The work environment is a climate controlled office environment.
This position requires 5% travel within the DC, MD, and VA region. Work environments will vary while in the field; however, while on customer work sites, the employee should encounter a work environment similar to Mister Kleen’s headquarters.
Performance Standards and Measurements:
- Promotes excellence by demonstrating and understanding Mister Kleen business, goals and objectives and the various resources available to all Mister Kleen employees.
- Understands and relates the goals of the department
- Understanding and adheres to the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
- Understands and adheres to Mister Kleen Values.
- Begins work day at agreed start time and works the required 8 hour shift completing all duties of the job successfully and “at a meets expectation” level of performance. Overtime hours shall not be worked or permitted unless approved by the HR Manager.
- Manages and correctly uses time off per personnel guidelines. Schedules paid time off (PTO) and overtime with advance notice with supervisor approval. Except for illness or matters of urgency, all PTO is scheduled.
- Calls in promptly to supervisor by scheduled start time to advise of absence
- Consistently punctual; meets time commitments and deadlines with minimal need for supervisory follow-up
- Follows through to ensure completeness of work and seeks assistance when needed
- Promotes teamwork and cooperative effort
- Maintains a cooperative and supportive environment, highly responsive to peers and others within the Mister Kleen organization
- Communicates effectively in the work group
- Shows courtesy and respect to others
- Shares appropriate information and job knowledge outside the work group in a timely manner
- Willing to provide back up support to Junior Human Resources Generalist in absence or high work volume.
- Makes well-reasoned decisions that favorably affect work performance and productivity; is able to support reasons for making decisions
- Keeps supervisor informed of any work-related issues concerning department and individual responsibilities
- Demonstrates an understanding of Mister Kleen’s Confidentiality Policy.
- Uses tact and discretion in all communication
- Accepts constructive coaching and feedback, admit mistakes and responds positively to improve performance
- Knows when to assume responsibility or direct someone to another employee to better meet the needs of the situation
- Uses proper escalation methods. Knows limits of authority.
- Accepts and ensures successful completion of special requests, when asked, if current work load permits
- Implements change, when asked, by playing an active role in developing and implementing procedures, hardware/software resources and other changes affecting the job
- Responds positively to changes in priorities, assignments
- Overcomes obstacles in daily responsibilities to accomplish assignments
Planning and Organization/Productivity:
- Organizes and prioritizes workload for maximum efficiency in meeting deadlines, goals and targets
- Uses time and resources effectively
- Maintains a logical filing system to ensure effective backup support
- Anticipates and plans for solutions instead of reacting to problems
- Initiates self-development by looking for opportunities to grow within current job assignment. Improves present skills and seeks out additional or different responsibilities. Extends efforts beyond normal job requirements.
- Looks to improve processes within job scope
- Demonstrates ability to recognize and define problems, participates in solutions
Work Environment and Safety:
- Knows and follows all safety rules, know resources and what to do in emergency situations
- Recognizes safety hazards and makes improvement suggestions
- Maintains a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area
- Responsive to individual environment and health concerns
Technical Competence/Job Knowledge:
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of technical skills and equipment to perform job
- Requires little direction/supervision in specific job functions
- Consistently meets expected workload, as determined by supervisor
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of other internal departments as they relate to the employee’s job
- Finished product produce in accordance with customer and/or supervisor specifications.
- Documentation is understandable and legible. Assignments are completed so that rework is only occasionally necessary. Makes effort to minimize errors.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience for the position along with a 5 year salary history. Resumes submitted without the 5 year salary history and/or your salary requirements will not be considered. Please email resume and cover letter to Irma Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org.