Cleared Custodian (Part-Time Night Positions Available)
- Arlington, VA
Founded in 1976, Mister Kleen is a leading provider of commercial and high security cleaning services. Our primary focus is providing contract cleaning services to commercial and high-security facilities in the DC Metro area. We also have a special services division that does complete smoke and water damage restoration, carpet and upholstery cleaning, complete floor care, and other specialty projects. Our philosophy is slow and steady growth with a good return on our efforts.
Mister Kleen has built a reputation for excellence in cleaning high security buildings. Our reputation has led to significant growth over the past few years, and we anticipate future growth in the 15–20% range per year. We service more than seven million square feet of commercial office space in over 35 locations. We attribute our success to being extremely focused on clients' individual needs. We operate under the philosophy of a "professional, yet personalized Service Company."
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
Under general supervision, perform a wide variety of custodial duties in order to provide a clean, orderly and safe environment.
- Vacuuming, mopping, dust mopping, sweeping and scrubbing floors.
- Empty waste containers.
- Low and high cleaning.
- Deliver collected trash to the loading dock.
- Perform restroom cleaning and restroom checks.
- Clean water fountains.
- Clean fitness centers, showers and locker rooms.
- Clean freight and passenger elevators.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors at prescribed heights.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners.
- Police grounds and empty waste containers.
- Assist in Special Events setups.
- Must monitor building for maintenance, safety and security issues and report any violations to immediate Supervisor or Management.
- Maintains custodial equipment in a clean, safe operable condition.
- Report shortage of supplies and equipment failures to immediate Supervisor or Management.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Site Supervisor/Area Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must possess an active Secret level security clearance OR be able to obtain/maintain a security clearance
- Knowledge of cleaning products and services
- Be able to work with and around chemicals and dust
- Must have ability to work with other employees and to take directions from Supervisor
- One or more years of equivalent experience preferred
- Reports to work each day and on time.
- Complete tasks in an efficient manner.
- Must comply with proper safety policies and procedures as required (i.e. when using cleaning chemicals, reporting incidents, etc.).
- Provides excellent level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Perform all duties in a safe and effective manner within the guidelines and policies of Mister Kleen.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Walk and stand
- Bend forward
- Kneel down
- Wear a hip/backpack vacuum
- Reach and grasp
- Push and pull objects
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., sometimes over shoulder
- Repetitive bending and lifting of items
- Repetitive arm movements
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit your resume to recruiting@misterkleen. com or complete an online application. If you have any questions regarding employment opportunities then please contact 703-719-6900.
Mister Kleen Maintenance Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.