Statistician / SAS Modeler
- San Diego, CA
Modern Analytics is a leader in predictive technology and expert in data processing automation, advanced statistical analysis and computer modeling. Our company is located in San Diego, CA and consists of statisticians, analysts, and software engineers. Our team operates in various industries and offers both products/solutions developed internally as well as products/solutions developed by our established partners. We are committed to making sure that the needs of our clients are met in the best possible way. Our philosophy is to make data mining easy and provide companies with the tools they need to effectively gather the data necessary to make business decisions.
Applicants should have strong knowledge of some or all of the following: logistic regression, categorical data analyses, ANOVA, advanced regression methods, and longitudinal and outcome-based modeling. Successful applicant should be comfortable discussing the academic merits of various statistical methods.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working closely with clients during the development and implementation of statistical, score-based, and empirical models to provide high-quality statistical modeling support
- Collecting, organizing, and analyzing a wide variety of data (with SAS) to support modeling work and to answer client business model questions
- Over time, the analyst should become an expert in implementing Modern Analytic’s novel product Model Factory as a solution to meet clients’ business analytics needs and should be capable of leading client projects without much supervision
- SAS programming for data analysis and data preparation.
- Building predictive and forecasting models and evaluating results.
- Creating presentations from analytic data.
- Adhoc analysis, such as: generating tables, listings, and graphs as required.
- Interacting with others to ensure a high level of client satisfaction through successful execution of projects.
- Undergraduate degree, preferred Master’s degree in statistics, economics, or a quantitative science, with substantial coursework in statistics and experimental design
- 2+ years statistical or analytic experience with a financial services, pharmaceutical, consulting, or biotechnology firm
- Proficiency with base SAS and SAS/STAT (at least 2 years of experience or base certification) or V7 or higher-certified. The interview will include a short SAS exam to ensure SAS programming knowledge.
- Familiarity with the logistic regressions, general linear models, ANOVA
- Proficiency with MS Office
Resumes without salary expectations will not be considered.
Must be willing to initially work at client’s site in Irvine 3 days per week.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Please apply at email@example.com