Intermediate UX designer
- San Francisco, CA
Modlar is a targeted online advertising and marketing platform. Our online exchange connects Building Product Manufacturers (BPMs) with architects and interior designers by giving them FREE access to “intelligent” 3D BIM models for use in their projects. We have over 50,000 registered subscribers in 130 countries around the world that have created over $30M in specification value in the last month. We are the smart “Amazon” for Building Product Manufacturers!
We are looking for an experienced UX designer with strong visual design background to join our team in San Francisco. In the role, you’ll be in charge of designing interactions and interfaces in the delivery of quality and scalable products that support a successful user experience and exceed business goals. The product is for the architecture and construction industry, with a focus on increasing engagement and user ability.
- Guide the design and UX of the entire product, with a focus on the architecture sector
- Design and develop intuitive, scalable, and engaging interactions and visual designs for multiple platforms (mainly web, but potentially mobile as well)
- Initiate and respond to ideas for innovation/improvements based on data, research, analysis, and competitive reviews
- Provide strategic thinking and leadership
- Identify user needs and business requirements
- Work closely with CEO to develop user research and usability tests
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketing and engineering throughout the design process
- Collaborate harmoniously with multiple stakeholders to synthesize and incorporate feedback appropriately with equanimity and a user-centered focus
- Procure buy-in with stakeholders early and often
- During implementation phase respond to day-to-day questions from developers
- At least 3+ years experience
- Expert level skills in Adobe Creative Suite and any other associated design tools
- Expert skills in graphic design, with an eye for typography, palette development, intuitive layout, and a pixel-level attention to detail
- Ability to sketch or quickly create mock-ups to communicate design ideas
- Experience in agile methodology and working closely with the immediate scrum team on a day-to-day basis
- Experience in responsive design
- Well-rounded understanding of online usability best practices
- Excellent understanding of user experience design for the web, technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work
- Must be a self starter that can create schedules and define scope of work even when there are no clear requirements and direction
- A background in marketplace design
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Agency or start-up experience a big plus
- Sense of humor a big plus
Competitive base salary (based on experience).
Benefits: Medical/dental/vision (same as Fortune 500), paid time-off, work from home-office.
Location: San Francisco, SOMA