Lead Web Developer (Remote)
- Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Our core expertise is technology recruitment and consulting. We bring our technology recruitment and consulting expertise, network, and strong work ethic to deliver results and exceptional service. We help our candidates grow and develop their careers and introduce them to some of the best and most reputable companies in Midwest and beyond. We help our clients build technology teams that make a difference, push the change forward, and develop software critical to their success.
Our Client, a Fortune 1000 company, is seeking a Lead Web Developer to oversee one or two teams of four to six developers and provide technical and solution leadership while improving the maintainability, performance, and security of the code through code reviews.
You will be working with a group dedicated to rebuilding, from scratch, enterprise-level software, which encompasses websites, mobile applications, call centers, and conversational commerce solutions.
Responsibilities include Team Management & Mentorship - 80%
- Understand the concepts and design of the system
- Work with solution architects, product owners to understand capabilities, epics, and stories
- Field conceptual and technical questions from team members
- Create stories and assist developers in creating tasks
- Support the generation of sprint plan by helping developers estimate their tasks and help the delivery managers in balancing the team’s work
Development - 20%
- Write, test, and bug-fix, performant code with a special emphasis on stability and long-term supportability. Often this will mean extending the frameworks and libraries upon which many projects are built.
- Write clear, developer-focused documentation for your code and the app as a whole.
- Write good, comprehensive functional tests.
- Help prototype new ideas, concepts, and designs.
- Experience building responsive web and mobile applications using modern frameworks such React, Backbone, Angular. Experience with single-page apps preferred.
- Expert in front-end build, debug, and profiling tools (e.g., webpack, Grunt, Chrome Developer Tools)
- Excellent team player with good communication skills with both non-technical & technical co-workers
- Highly motivated and driven by a desire to solve difficult problems, and learn new technology