Customer Service Representative
Momentum Financial Services Group, formerly Money Mart Financial Services is a leading provider of financial services in North America. For 40 years we've been committed to providing financial solutions that meet the evolving needs of consumers and business owners. Backed by a retail network of over 450 locations and robust digital and mobile platforms, we provide access to cash and related products to help our customers achieve their goals. We operate retail locations in local communities and cities across Canada under the Money Mart® brand and in Quebec as Insta Cheques® and in United States as Money Mart® and The Check Cashing Store®.
Our highly skilled workforce puts customers first in everything we do. We serve millions of people annually with diverse and innovative financial products and services. Through this ever-evolving suite of services, we empower customers to manage their finances and improve their lives. Wherever customers are on their financial journey, Momentum Financial Services Group provides solutions.
We believe in giving back to the communities where we live and work. With the generous support of our customers and staff, we proudly contribute annually to charities and non-profit organizations, along with using our time and talent to serve in local communities throughout Canada and the United States. We are looking for aspiring, passionate people who are dedicated to understanding and providing our customers with the right financial solutions utilizing a growing menu of products and services. We embrace diversity and offer a fast-paced work environment.
What do you do?
In the Customer Service Representative role, you will do it all, sales, customer service, local area marketing, collections, security of your store, and the list goes on. Your primary function in the CSR role is to provide excellent customer service through the provision of Money Mart Financial Services.
- Provide a high level of Customer Service – consistently receiving 90% or better in the Customer Service Sequence.
- Sell and receive cash for / from another staff member and record properly and enter into the Point of Sale system (fine count all monies received and given out).
- Register new customers quickly and efficiently in the Point of Sale system.
- Promote all products and services.
- Complete all product and service transactions in the Point of Sale system.
- Issue Loans quickly and efficiently ensuring risk assessment strategies are utilized.
- Cash checks quickly and efficiently ensuring risk assessment strategies are utilized.
- Knowledge of issuing procedures for all checks and be able to offer customers alternatives and incentives to return if unable to complete the transaction.
- Sell benefits of ancillary services to customers and ensure all sales are correctly recorded.
- Reconcile cash float at the completion of shift.
- Have an extensive knowledge of all safety and security procedures relating to the store and role-play on a regular basis (at least quarterly).
- Knowledge of who to call in the case of an emergency.
- Understand and implement all procedures relating to Recordable Transactions.
- Extensive understanding of all company policies and procedures.
- Prepare collection files and assist in the collection process.
- General office duties and proper use of all office equipment.
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of store.
- Successfully, open and close the store and complete all paperwork accurately.
- All other job-related duties as directed by Management.
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years customer service and cash handling
- Friendly, outgoing, confident / problem solver, flexible, self-motivated, team player
- Job Knowledge
- Customer Service Orientation
- Sales Focus
- Problem Solving
- Strong Communication skills
Benefits to keep you focused:
- Performance-based bonuses and incentives
- Quarterly contests
- Excellent Extended Health Care, Dental, Life Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD and vision programs
- Health Care Spending Accounts
- 24/7 employee assistance program
- Voluntary RRSP Plan
Perks to keep you going strong:
- World class training and development programs
- Employee discounts on Money Mart® products
- Employee Referral Rewards
- Great group discounts on cell phones, laptops, etc.
- Education reimbursement opportunities
- Flexible scheduling
We want to hear from you if:
- You are determined and you love to learn.
- You are adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced changing environment.
- You are motivated to cross sell products and services through excellent customer service.
- You work well on a team or independently.
- You are goal oriented.
- You are passionate about self-development.
- You have strong people skills—you’re approachable, a good listener, and empathetic.
So, if you’re up for a challenge, there’s a lot to be done at Money Mart®.
We invest in our employees, and offer extensive training, and development programs to set you up for future success. If we sound like a fit and you’re ready to start an exciting career with an organization that encourages employee growth, apply today! We look for bright, energetic, motivated individuals who are interested in learning and developing their career.
*Notice to Ontario Applicants - National Money Mart is committed to accommodating applicant’s with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. If you are selected for an interview, please notify National Money Mart if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation National Money Mart will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.