POS Help Desk Specialist
- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro is a strong, growing company. Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1100 company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 27 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers customers a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
Provides support to the operation of the POS systems by performing the following duties:
- Provides assistance to users by responding to inquiries to the help desk. Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone requests for assistance from users experiencing problems.
- Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems.
- Logs and tracks calls, and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Assists with hardware selection and repair of PCs, printers, monitors, credit card swipers and modems.
- Assists with system recovery.
- Assists in the deployment of hardware/software and the operation of the communication system.
- High school diploma required.
- Good troubleshooting and diagnostic skills are a must.
- Basic knowledge of PC hardware, SQL and networking is preferred.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends and to travel to stores.
- Must maintain a current, valid driver’s license.
- A+ certification or other PC certificates helpful, but not required.
- Prior Help Desk Support is also helpful.
We are country’s top company-owned automotive repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people who commit everyday to putting the customer first--selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time. When you join our team, you become an important part of one of the fastest-growing, most profitable companies in the industry. Our continued growth creates promotional opportunities for top performers at all levels of the company.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer