Local Delivery Driver
- Knoxville, TN, USA
LOCAL ROUTE DELIVERY DRIVER (Full time)
Monro, Inc., is one of the fastest-growing, most profitable companies in the industry, with more than 1,150 stores stores in 27 states. We have tripled in size in the last 10 years, acquiring over 30 tire and auto service groups - and we’re poised for additional expansion. This growth means there are exciting opportunities for our people as well. That’s why a job with us is more than just a job – it’s a career.
Come. Explore the opportunities at Monro. And have the career in the automotive industry that you’ve always wanted.
We’re currently seeking a non-CDL delivery driver for our Tires Now - Knoxville, TN Distribution Center.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Operates a delivery vehicle for the purpose of delivery, pick up and hauling of materials between the Wholesale Distribution Center and multiple local and out of state Wholesale customer store locations. Routes have approximately 15-20 stops a day.
Drivers must follow all federal and state motor carrier regulations as specifed by the US Dept. of Transportation and other regulatory agencies.
Drivers are responsible for conducting pre and post trip inspections of the delivery vehicle(s) as well as maintain daily trip and fuel logs (if required).
Drivers will unload and load merchandise (tires/auto parts) at multiple store locations along the delivery route. This included new merchandise delivery at the customer's location as well as loading/unloading customer returns going back to the warehouse.
Drivers must complete all daily route paperwork in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring all cash/check customer payments are accounted for.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record (No CDL required)
- Must follow all safe drivng rules and guidelines
- Provide friendly customer service
- Positive and effective communication skills
- Ability to drive a manual transmission, a plus, but not required
- Good communication skills over the phone and in person
- Be trustworthy and self-motivated with high integrity
- Physically able to lift up to 100 pounds
- Must pass pre employment MVR, drug screen and DOT physical and meet the requirements to obtain a DOT Medical Card
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer