Junior Inventory Accountant
- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro is a strong, growing company. Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1150 company-owned locations operating as Monro Auto Service and Tire Center stores, Mr. Tire® Auto Service Centers, The Tire Choice, Ken Towery’s Tire and Autocare, TreadQuarters® Discount Tire stores, Autotire Car Care Centers and Tire Warehouse. We service over three million cars each year in the US in 28 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers customers a wide range of repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
- Assist in the coordination, and activities surrounding inventory control, accounting and analysis including but not limited to cost control, physical count, perpetual and general ledger accounting, obsolescence, and budgeting
- Analyze material usage and inventory variance trends
- Key involvement in monthly closing process including, but not limited to, the recording of journal entries, preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and account reconciliations
- Study and recommend procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of accounting processes, analysis and reporting
- Assist in identifying, reviewing and determining causes of variances related to inventory shortages
- Assist in the review of open transactions via direct interface with the AS400 system and computer generated reports
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in accounting and one to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be proficient in Excel, including experience with formulas such as Count, Sum, Vlookup and functions such as subtotal and spreadsheet links
Non-exempt position. Eligible for regular benefit package.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer