McGee - General Service Technician
- Daytona Beach, FL
McGee Auto Service and Tires has grown from our humble beginnings selling new and retread tires, to providing a full spectrum of auto repairs. But auto repair and tire service are not the only things that set McGee Auto Service and Tire apart from our competitors. If you were to ask any our customers why they continue to visit us, they will tell you it is because of the honest auto repair and tire services and outstanding customer service they receive every time they visit one of our Florida stores.
All of the members of our McGee Auto Service and Tires team take pride in our company and our ability to get auto repair work done right and to our customers' satisfaction. Our customers know that their cars are in the capable hands of highly trained repair technicians. McGee Auto Service and Tires technicians work hard to provide the best diagnosis, recommendation and repairs on every vehicle that we service.
The philosophy of great customer service at McGee Auto Service and Tires keeps our customers happy and coming back to us time after time for their auto repair and tire service.
- Able to complete and document basic vehicle inspections based on professional recommendations.
- Maintains an organized neat, clean, and safe work area on a daily basis as well as shown rooms and other shop areas as instructed.
- Keeps store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Adequately explains technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis
- Follows all safety procedures as document in safety manual and employee handbook.
- Continuously learns new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Must follow wheel torque and oil out procedures.
- Verify quality of work after every service preform which may include test driving the vehicle, as applicable.
- Must be willing to assist other team members with their daily duties projects as needed or called upon.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
- Ability to lift an object up to 60 pounds.
- The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support.
- Full time position with expected minimum five day work week, which may include weekends, scheduled by manager.
- May require some store to store travel as well as incidental travel to assist staff as needed.
- At minimum one year of previous on the job experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer