- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro is a strong, growing company. Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1150 company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 27 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers customers a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
The duties of the Credit Specialist include collection calls and/or correspondence along with providing customer service regarding collection issues, processing and reviewing for account adjustments and resolving client discrepancies and short payments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts through customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write offs, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- Locate and submit adjustments for invoices and credits that need to be removed from customer accounts monthly
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process
- Must communicate & follow up effectively with sales department regarding customer accounts on a timely basis
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers, shops and sales teams
- Review customer invoice and statement requests and send needed documents by email or fax daily
- Back-up for incoming hot line calls
- Participate in team planning meetings
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Credit Department.
- Special projects as needed
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of business to business collections experience
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of billing and collections procedures
- Strong attention to detail and strong follow up skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Basic office skills – filing, copying, emailing, mailing, scanning
- Organizing, multi-tasking, interpersonal and strong communication skills are required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Must be able to work until 6PM, occasional evenings, and some weekends