Director of Store Operations
- Rochester, NY, us
If you are ready to shift your career into overdrive, apply today to join our winning team! We invest in you and your future by offering career advancement opportunities with our growing company!
We also offer competitive compensation and outstanding bonus opportunities in addition to a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Medical / Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Company Paid Long-term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k)-Retirement with Company Match of 50% of the first 6% saved
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this individual represents the central point of contact across and among the entire organization for all matters that involve Store Operations. This role is integral to how the Store Operations Leadership Team (COO, DVP’s, ZM's and DM’s) plans, manages and controls its business from both operational and financial perspectives.
The Director is tasked with consistently representing the “Voice of the Field” during cross-functional activities at the Store Support Center by leveraging insights and strong partnerships developed with Divisional VP's, Zone Managers and District Managers. He/She must effectively establish strong credibility with the Monro Leadership Team. This role also acts as the “Gatekeeper” for all communications and initiatives sent from the Store Support Center to the stores. Maintaining a positive, constructive attitude is critical as this role sits at the crossroads between the Store Support Center and Field as change occurs on a regular basis.
Areas of focus include but are not limited to: Monro.Forward initiatives, DM-oriented sales planning and forecasting processes, labor scheduling and expenses analysis, store-level expense planning processes, weekly business reviews, period operating and financial statement oversight, pre-opening expense control, training program cost management, store management bonus plan administration, DM scorecard reporting, inventory shrinkage analysis, contests and other programs effectiveness, and business justifications for capital expenditures and for various other expenditures.
Given the unique vantage point of this role, this individual develops and reviews all store-oriented policies and procedures and challenges business practices to make them better and more commercially effective. Ideally, this person also anticipates future needs well in advance such that the business achieves the highest level of operational compliance, consistency, and accountability at stores.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides financial leadership to Store Operations Team.
- Works closely with COO and cross functional project teams to ensure projects have feedback from the store perspective.
- Ensures that store-level sales and operating plans are completed and approved in a timely manner and are properly disseminated to the Field directly and through Accounting.
- Works closely with COO to monitors variances to plans on a weekly basis.
- Incorporates earnings into quarterly budget updates.
- Actively participates in the weekly cross-functional business review meetings.
- Owns and leads the scheduling/labor strategy.
- Develops short- and long-term goals to improve leverage payroll and maximize results in all stores.
- Introduces tools, reports, and measures to maximize labor productivity through scheduling and other operational efficiencies.
- Sets the tone for Policies and Procedures compliance for field organization.
- Develops, monitors and updates all store operations policies and procedures that impact the stores and their relationships with Store Support Center departments.
- Ensures that policies are properly understood at the DM-level and reinforces the importance of consistent compliance
- Represents a catalyst for change in the field. Manages and executes new initiatives regularly in a positive, constructive manner to ensure rapid acceptance of new ways of doing business.
- Actively partners with Human Resources on teammate issues and proper business practices.
- Partners with training to continually educate the DM's and SM's on such procedures, initiatives, etc., develops store-level awareness programs.
- Actively partners HR on regulatory matters associated with employee wage and hour regulations.
- Work with training and development to implement reporting and training tools to maximize effectiveness of DM and SM roles.
- Creates and analyzes exception-based reporting for Store/District financial reporting and operational metric reporting.
- Recommends necessary DM and store tools to increase exception visibility, and performance by store.
- Follows up on opportunity stores appropriately with DM’s.
- Represents the Point Person for coordinating all activities associated with the New Store opening operational strategy and execution.
- Requires keen engagement with Store Construction, Planning & Allocations, and Marketing associates at the Store Support Center in order to execute grand openings flawlessly.
- Works with COO to develop new ways to motivate and improve store-level selling efforts.
- Partners with Director of Training to provide programs that support store managers and their teams in the efforts to provide ‘best in class’ Store Support for our guests.
- Works strategically with IT to deliver innovative tools that enhance the stores capabilities.
- Works closely with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure corporate initiatives are communicated and executed out to field organization in a timely manner.
- Owns and leads testing strategies in the field. Directs execution, monitors progress, end date, and delivers feedback.
- Builds strong partnerships in both the Store Support Center and field.
- Acts as communication hub and gatekeeper. Manages corporate communication/direction to field to ensure consistency.
- Looks for new and efficient was to communicate e.g. Corporate Intranet.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- 7-10 years of retail store operations experience.
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint Skills.
- Must be able to multi-task/problem solve and possess strong project management skills; strong analytical and time management skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with a wide variety of people assertively and confidently
- Self-directed team player with the ability to manage multiple active improvements.
- Pro-active, process driven, with a strong focus on understanding of the business drivers and values.
- Must be a result oriented, change agent, with the ability to successfully interface with all levels and areas of the organization, establish close working relationships, and build consensus for chosen solutions.
- Proven influence and collaboration skills and ability to effectively interact with management to identify, develop, and implement process improvements.
- Able to be flexible and adapt to different work groups, work styles, and work environments.
- Ability to quantify impact to process metrics and financials.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to problem solving.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including presenting to large groups.
- Must be skilled in the use of Microsoft suites of office products, specifically MS Project and Visio.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and highly driven.
- Works well in collaborative work environment.
- Travel 25% in field operations.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s Manager at any time based upon Company need.
Monro Inc., is a leader in the automotive maintenance and repair services industry. We are country’s top company-owned automotive repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people who commit every day to putting our guests first--selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time.
Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have nearly 1,200 company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 28 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers our guests a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services under several leading brands. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
Monro Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.