Staff Accountant I - Real Estate Taxes
- Rochester, NY, USA
If you are ready to shift your career into overdrive, apply today to join our winning team! We invest in you and your future by offering career advancement opportunities with our growing company!
We also offer competitive compensation and outstanding bonus opportunities in addition to a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Medical / Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Company Paid Long-term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k)-Retirement with Company Match of 50% of the first 6% saved
The staff accountant applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties:
- Analyze bills/expenses to understand variances and validate amounts are proper.
- Audit CAM and RE tax true ups.
- Ensure all real estate tax bills are paid timely and accurately.
- Research tax obligations through use of tax authority websites.
- Prepare journal entries and assist with monthly reconciliations.
- Ensurely timely response to external requests for data from government agencies and licensing partners.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 1-3 years of relevant experience required.
- Proficiency in Excel is necessary.
- Strong attention to detail
- Background in real estate accounting helpful
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer