IT INFRASTRUCTURE & OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro, Inc., headquartered in Rochester, NY. Experience our unmatched success as the largest operator with close to 1300 auto service and tire stores coast to coast. Our market dominance is driven by teammates who exceed guest expectations and provide consistent value. Recognized as an industry leader, we are a publicly held company (NASDAQ: MNRO) with an ongoing multiyear transformational change initiative, investing nearly $100M in our stores, technology and our teammates.
The Monro Family of auto service and tire centers feature quality brands, the majority offering complete auto care at significant savings compared to dealers. We operate approximately 1300 stores, 98 franchised locations, 8 wholesale locations, and 3 retread facilities in 32 states. Our footprint extends from New England to the Southeast, the Mid-Atlantic to the Midwest, and now into California and the Western region.
The IT Infrastructure and Operations Director aligns the mission and vision of the infrastructure organization to foster a business-outcome oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement. The Director is responsible to drive the transformation of our IT infrastructure and operations services. Also, provides strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the business, including the full life cycle of technical architecture, infrastructure engineering, infrastructure operations and IT service support. This includes implementation of best practices, project planning and management, and support.
• Leads the development and implementation of the IT Infrastructure Strategy and technical roadmap
• Implements the IT infrastructure and Service capabilities strategy for current and future organizational needs. Leads the planning and implementation of IT initiatives as well as management of core day to day services.
• Reviews and implements appropriate new network technologies throughout the environment to address business requirements
• Balances business enablement and technology innovation with risk-based technical debt remediation
• Works with the IT senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget
• Regularly and effectively communicates with key business and project stakeholders to understand requirements, keep them advised of project progress, and overall IT services status
• Directs the development of an infrastructure and support sourcing strategy and provides executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management
• Maintains ongoing knowledge of industry trends to ensure the company is leveraging the best and most efficient resources to meet evolving business & IT needs
• Ensures proactive monitoring and management of the infrastructure environment (self-healing where possible)
• Manage and report on services through the definition and adoption of a governance practice that uses KPIs and metrics to track and measure the quality of service (e.g., performance, availability, capacity)
• Leverages best practices and process frameworks, such as the ITIL, to drive continual process improvement
• Establishes and maintains IT policies and procedures
• Maintains IT contingency plans
• Manages overall budget for IT Infrastructure expenditures and oversee maintenance of hardware and software used throughout the company
• Oversees IT security and compliance efforts, establishing controls and processes in support of data security, PHI, PCI, SOX, and other relevant regulatory requirements
• Direct leadership of technology team members
• Performs other duties as assigned
The IT Infrastructure & Operations Director is responsible for hiring, training and developing technical team members. Direct supervision for the Infrastructure Engineering Team and leaders of the Service Desk and End User Computing.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field (ITIL certification a plus) with a minimum of 10 years in technology leadership positions (Retail environment a plus),and significant experience with evaluating, implementing, and managing both cloud and on-premise infrastructure and platforms; including virtualization, managing MS Windows environment, network performance tuning, network design and implementation, cloud-based Infrastructure (AWS/Azure, VOIP, O365); (VDI experience a plus), and a minimum of 5 years experience in managing teams; or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge & Skills:
• Highly technical with a foundation preferably in Network Operations and Infrastructure Operations; ability to work hands-on, if necessary.
• Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organization design and development with preferred experience in leading transformational initiatives
• Experience with the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and defining and managing SLAs/metrics in coordination with contractual and business needs
• Ability to conceptualize technology vision, enabling innovation and understanding IT infrastructure trends that can create business value and reduce overall costs.
• Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
• Success in leveraging traditional best practices, such as ITSM, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimized for agility
• Strong leadership, communication, presentation, written, verbal and interpersonal skills, with a strong customer service orientation. Self-motivated and driven
• Ability to build a strong partnership with the business and demonstrate the business value of IT
• Ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders
• Expertise in vendor management, contract compliance and governance
• Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and practices, and how other enterprises are employing them
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic people plan that ensures the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and employees are highly engaged and satisfied
• Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment in which resources may not be in direct control of this role
• Application of appropriate regulatory or statutory compliance, including SOX, PCI, Data Privacy and information security
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Ability to work standard business hours with the flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. Occasional travel required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.