- Louisville, KY, USA
Monro, Inc., headquartered in Rochester, NY. Experience our unmatched success as the largest operator with close to 1300 auto service and tire stores coast to coast. Our market dominance is driven by teammates who exceed guest expectations and provide consistent value. Recognized as an industry leader, we are a publicly held company (NASDAQ: MNRO) with an ongoing multiyear transformational change initiatives, investing nearly $100 million in our stores, technology and our teammates.
The Monro Family of auto service and tire centers feature quality brands, the majority offering complete auto care at significant savings compared to dealers. We operate approximately 1300 stores, 98 franchised locations, 8 wholesale locations, and 3 retread facilities in 32 states. Our footprint extends from New England to the Southeast, the Mid-Atlantic to the Midwest, and now into California and the Western region.
The Driver Supervisor position oversees a team of delivery Drivers responsible for operating company vehicles for the purpose of delivery, pick up, and hauling of materials between the Wholesale Distribution center and multiple local and out of state Wholesale customer store and Company store locations. This position is responsible for scheduling the team effectively for the efficient delivery of product, while ensuring that Drivers have the proper training in basic vehicle maintenance, safety, and customer service.
• Provide training necessary to ensure that Drivers have the knowledge and tools required to properly operate a delivery vehicle to include:
o Adherence to federal and state motor carrier safety regulations as specified by the US Department of Transportation and other regulatory agencies of the federal and state governments
o Conducting routine vehicle, and pre/post trip inspections of the vehicle and the reporting of vehicle maintenance problems to Management upon discovery
o Safely and efficiently unloading and loading merchandise at multiple store locations utilizing lift-gates, pallet jacks and material handling equipment
• Review team records of all transfers and sales on the destination report, master load out, and other required forms.
• Review all maintained daily trip and fuel logs as required; periodically reviews delivery paperwork and verifies payments as drivers return from routes
• Cover routes as necessary
• Ensure proper maintenance of the fleet
• Responsible for scheduling drivers while continuously evaluating and assessing route assignments for cost effectiveness and efficiency
• Perform other duties as assigned and required by direct supervisor
The Driver Supervisor is responsible for the oversight, training and scheduling of a team of delivery drivers.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of six months of box (straight) truck driving experience; supervisory experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of all transportation regulations
• Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical issues and write routine reports
• Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
• Ability to effectively coach, mentor, and develop team members
• Basic math skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in Warehouse and store environments. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Must possess a current valid class driver’s license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
Ability to work rotational Saturdays and holidays
Must be able to lift and carry merchandise and supplies up to 75 lbs. without assistance
Must be able to obtain a DOT Medical Card
Frequent sitting, standing and walking for long periods of time
Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.