Warehouse Worker - Shipping Order Selector
- Conover, NC, USA
Monro, Inc., headquartered in Rochester, NY. Experience our unmatched success as the largest operator with close to 1300 auto service and tire stores coast to coast. Our market dominance is driven by teammates who exceed guest expectations and provide consistent value. Recognized as an industry leader, we are a publicly held company (NASDAQ: MNRO) with an ongoing multiyear transformational change initiatives, investing nearly $100 million in our stores, technology and our teammates.
The Monro Family of auto service and tire centers feature quality brands, the majority offering complete auto care at significant savings compared to dealers. We operate approximately 1300 stores, 98 franchised locations, 8 wholesale locations, and 3 retread facilities in 32 states. Our footprint extends from New England to the Southeast, the Mid-Atlantic to the Midwest, and now into California and the Western region.
The Warehouse Worker is responsible for executing the receiving, stocking and replenishment of merchandise in a thorough, accurate and efficient manner. This position also gathers merchandise for the purpose of filling orders for wholesale customers and company owned stores.
• Responsible for daily stocking and replenishment utilizing safety equipment and adhering to all established regulatory and company procedures
• Ensure all receiving is completed in a timely and efficient manner; report any discrepancies with new merchandise to Supervisor
• Pull merchandise to fulfill orders accurately and to order specification
• Inform Supervisor of any incidents or accidents in a timely
• Performs other duties as assigned and required by direct supervisor
The Warehouse Worker is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the Warehouse Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one to three months of warehouse or related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
• Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical issues and write routine reports
• Basic math skills
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a warehouse environment. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Ability to work rotational Saturdays and holidays
Must be able to lift, carry and stock merchandise and supplies up to 75 lbs.
Comfort level with stocking merchandise reaching heights 30 ft plus
Ability to use RF Scanners and operate forklift, order picker, and pallet jacks
Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time
Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.