RAPID DELIVERY DRIVER (HOT SHOT DRIVER)
- Knoxville, TN, USA
Monro, Inc., headquartered in Rochester, NY. Experience our unmatched success as the largest operator with close to 1300 auto service and tire stores coast to coast. Our market dominance is driven by teammates who exceed guest expectations and provide consistent value. Recognized as an industry leader, we are a publicly held company (NASDAQ: MNRO) with an ongoing multiyear transformational change initiatives, investing nearly $100 million in our stores, technology and our teammates.
The Monro Family of auto service and tire centers feature quality brands, the majority offering complete auto care at significant savings compared to dealers. We operate approximately 1300 stores, 98 franchised locations, 8 wholesale locations, and 3 retread facilities in 32 states. Our footprint extends from New England to the Southeast, the Mid-Atlantic to the Midwest, and now into California and the Western region.
Job Summary: The Rapid Delivery Driver operates a delivery vehicle (van, pickup truck) for the purpose of efficient and timely delivery, pick up, and hauling of materials between Wholesale Distribution center and multiple local Wholesale customer and Company store locations.
• Adherence to federal and state motor carrier safety regulations as specified by the US Department of Transportation and other regulatory agencies of the federal and state governments
• Conduct routine vehicle, and pre/post trip inspections of the vehicle and report vehicle maintenance problems to Management upon discovery
• Efficiently unload and load merchandise at the distribution center and multiple store locations
• Ensure delivery paperwork is completed and collect payments from customers
• Performs other duties as assigned and required by direct supervisor
The Rapid Delivery Driver is considered and individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the Driver Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of six months of delivery driver experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of all transportation regulations
• Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical issues and write routine reports
• Basic math skills
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in Warehouse and store environments. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Must possess a current valid class driver’s license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
Ability to work rotational Saturdays and holidays
Must be able to lift and carry merchandise and supplies up to 75 lbs. with assistance
Frequent sitting, standing and walking for long periods of time
Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.