Distribution Center Manager
- Johnson City, TN, USA
Monro Commercial Solutions (MCS) is a dedicated commercial unit of Monro, Inc. that designed to help companies with their maintenance needs for their fleets of vehicles. We’re committed to empowering our people and teams to serve our Clients. By joining MCS, you are a joining a team that will inspire you to do your best and enjoy a culture that cares about your success.
Monro, Inc., headquartered in Rochester, NY. Experience our unmatched success as the largest operator with close to 1300 auto service and tire stores coast to coast. Our market dominance is driven by teammates who exceed guest expectations and provide consistent value. Recognized as an industry leader, we are a publicly held company (NASDAQ: MNRO) with an ongoing multiyear transformational change initiatives, investing nearly $100 million in our stores, technology and our teammates.
The Monro Family of auto service and tire centers feature quality brands, the majority offering complete auto care at significant savings compared to dealers. We operate approximately 1300 stores, 98 franchised locations, 8 wholesale locations, and 3 retread facilities in 32 states. Our footprint extends from New England to the Southeast, the Mid-Atlantic to the Midwest, and now into California and the Western region.
The Distribution Center (DC) Manager is responsible for managing the operations of a wholesale tire location to meet or exceed service standards and to achieve Monro’s performance and profitability goals.
• Responsible for ensuring the wholesale location is properly staffed
• Provide performance management to teammates to include coaching, leading, and developing teammates for career growth and to support Monro’s service standards
• Train teammates on adherence to company policies and procedures, OSHA standards, all safety and environmental codes and industry regulations including consistent use of always required personal protective devices
• Ensure teammates are properly operating, utilizing and maintaining all equipment in a safe manner in accordance with Monro and equipment manufacturer guidelines
• Responsible for inventory management to include monitoring inventory levels to manage expenses, minimize loss and maximize revenue in accordance with Monro’s established standards and policies
• Ensure the distribution center is in excellent condition and maintained to Monro standards for cleanliness and safety
• Responsible for driving sales to exceed goals and profitability objectives through P & L management with continual focus on KPI’s
• Manage collections on past due accounts within company guidelines
• Develop, review, implement and maintain a logistics process to ensure that product is dispatched in a timely manner to the appropriate destinations and in the expected quantities
• Maintain knowledge of market competitors, tire industry and new developments
• Perform other duties as assigned
The Distribution Center (DC) Manager has leadership responsibility for the wholesale location including oversight of all location operations and personnel. This position operates under the general direction of the District Manager.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years managing a large team and 5 years of warehouse experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Multi-location management strongly preferred
Prior management in tire or automotive related business preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to effectively mentor, coach and develop teammates
• Ability to read, interpret and communicate business and financial documents
• Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
• Ability to identify problems by collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
• Skilled in follow up, coaching, and accountability
• Strong sales orientation and customer focus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to change focus quickly to meet business needs
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in an office environment with exposure to a warehouse environment. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Must possess a current valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
Ability to work flexible hours, days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Ability to lift, carry and stock merchandise and supplies up to 75 lbs. without assistance
Occasional standing and walking for long periods of time
Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
Occasional reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.