- Baltimore, MD, USA
Monro, Inc., headquartered in Rochester, NY. Experience our unmatched success as the largest operator with close to 1300 auto service and tire stores coast to coast. Our market dominance is driven by teammates who exceed guest expectations and provide consistent value. Recognized as an industry leader, we are a publicly held company (NASDAQ: MNRO) with an ongoing multiyear transformational change initiatives, investing nearly $100 million in our stores, technology and our teammates.
The Monro Family of auto service and tire centers feature quality brands, the majority offering complete auto care at significant savings compared to dealers. We operate approximately 1300 stores, 98 franchised locations, 8 wholesale locations, and 3 retread facilities in 32 states. Our footprint extends from New England to the Southeast, the Mid-Atlantic to the Midwest, and now into California and the Western region.
Full-time Regional Delivery Driver position available.
- Hourly pay with earning potentioal of $60k. In addition, weekly per diem with a clean driving record & history.
- Excellent home time and benefits
- Consistent loads and pay
- Private fleet
- No waiting on back haul
- Operates a diesel-powered semi-tractor with trailer up to 18 wheels in a variety of geographic areas.
- Operate a semi-tractor with sleeper unit to facilitate overnight stays as needed
- Adherence to federal and state motor carrier safety regulations as specified by the US Department of Transportation and other regulatory agencies of the federal and state governments
- Conduct routine vehicle, and pre/post trip inspections of the vehicle and report vehicle maintenance problems to Management upon discovery
- Unload and load merchandise at the distribution center and multiple store locations utilizing lift-gates, pallet jacks and material handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Record all transfers and sales on the destination report, master load out, and other required forms
- Maintain and submit daily trip and fuel logs; Ensure delivery paperwork is completed and collect payments from customers
- Performs other duties as assigned
The CDL Driver position is considered and individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the Driver Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of six months of semi-tractor with trailer driving experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of all transportation regulations
- Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical issues and write routine reports
- Basic math skills
- Ability to accurately maintain daily logs and related record keeping
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in Warehouse and store environments. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Must possess a current valid Class A CDL driver’s license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR); Must be able to obtain a DOT Medical Card
Ability to work rotational Saturdays and holidays
Must be able to lift, carry, load and unload merchandise and supplies up to 75 lbs. with assistance. Frequent sitting, standing and walking for long periods of time
Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
Constant travel required, including out of state delivery runs which require over-night stays
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.