IT Applications Delivery Director
- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The IT Applications Delivery Director aligns the mission and vision of the applications organization to foster a business-outcome oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement. The role is responsible for delivering business critical IT application solutions/services across the organization. Application solution areas include ERP Solutions (AS400, JDE, JDA, Blackline, etc.), Point of Sale (POS-VEW, VAST) systems for retail, commercial, wholesale businesses, HR Solutions (AS400, Ceridian, SilkRoad, etc). Also responsible for recommending, establishing, implementing and controlling best practices for Application Solutions Delivery. The position works closely with the business, IT and other departments, to understand, define, prioritize and deliver against current and future business needs.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with business partners, including senior leadership teams, in order to propose and formulate solutions to meet the business needs and to drive efficiency and business value
• Strategize with key business partners to ensure configuration, and functional needs of the business and retail stores applications are met
• Lead the development and implementation of the IT Application Solutions Strategy and technical roadmap for current and future organizational needs
• Maintain ongoing knowledge of industry trends to ensure the company is leveraging the best and most efficient resources to meet evolving business & IT needs
• Partner closely with IT Solution Architecture and build/lead major platform transformation roadmap
• Collaborate with stakeholders and partner teams on the planning, implementation, and roll-out of associated programs and solutions
• Establish great rapport with other engineering teams, product managers, business partners and cross-functional stakeholders to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration
• Report system health, events, and KPIs on business and retail applications to key business partners and advise on improvement or deficiencies within the overall system
• Partner with Retail, Commercial and Wholesale Operations on roadmap and prioritization of technical improvements and coordination across multiple vendors
• Partner with Business Operations on roadmap and prioritization of technical improvements and coordination across multiple vendors
• Own engineering, designing, and optimizing the performance of applications in the application portfolio
• Coordinate with IT Service Delivery, IT Infrastructure and operations and other key business partners for software deployment, updates, rollouts and all other IT aspects
• Ensure proactive monitoring and management of the applications environment
• Drive vendor partnerships to ensure vendors deliver to established project goals, scope and timeline
• Understand vendor upgrade road maps and how changes may impact the business
• Manage vendor contracts for all software & outside services within the company application portfolio
• Drive negotiations with external vendors and partners to ensure cost-effective contracts with a high level of integrity
• Consistently and prudently manage finances as per established standards / budgets to ensure action plans have approved funding
• Ensure team has appropriate direction, leadership and balance between short-term impact and long-term vision
• Support all audit & compliance activities (SOX, PCI, Data Privacy, etc.)
• Support M&A activities from due diligence to implementation and integration
The Application Delivery Director is responsible for hiring, developing, motivating & evaluating technical team members. Direct supervision for the ERP Applications Manager and POS Applications delivery team / systems developers.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 8+ years progressive experience in technology leadership positions managing teams, complex systems/processes and project management, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with legacy and modern ERP systems
• Experience with Retail POS Systems
• Experience managing development and implementation projects with external technology teams, internal IT teams, and business stake holders. Successful delivery of Enterprise software implementations
• Experience with evaluating, implementing, and managing both cloud and on-premise solutions and platforms
• Experience managing external vendor partnerships and delivering projects involving multi-vendor teams
Knowledge & Skills:
• Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organization design and development with preferred experience in leading transformational initiatives
• Strong leadership, communication, presentation, written, verbal and interpersonal skills, with a strong customer service orientation
• Ability to build a strong partnership with the business and demonstrate the business value of IT
• Ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders
• Proven ability to influence decision making at all levels within an organization
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to inform recommendations and drive actions
• In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principle, Waterfall project management, SDLC methodologies, business process mapping. Knowledge of tools like JIRA a plus.
• Familiarity with processes for managing cloud hosted solutions
• Exceptional organization and planning skills and process-driven thinking
• Self-starter, creative, enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative outlook
• Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and practices, and how other enterprises are employing them
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic people plan that ensures the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and employees are highly engaged and satisfied
• Application of appropriate regulatory or statutory compliance, including SOX, PCI, Data Privacy and information security
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer. Ability to work standard business hours with the flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. Occasional travel required.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Paid vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Employee Discounts
• Career development
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.