Commercial Fleet Technician - Master Technician
- Dundee, FL, USA
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Technician is primarily responsible for conducting basic vehicle diagnostics and performing routine vehicle repair and maintenance services in accordance with company standards and manufacturer specifications. This position is expected to deliver exceptional 5 Star service to our guests, through effective communication of vehicle issues and proposed solutions, as well as consistently meeting guest expectations for time commitments and quality.
- Perform basic vehicle diagnostics to properly identify required repairs
- Consistently complete Monro’s Courtesy Inspection process, on every guest vehicle, identifying, documenting and communicating additional needed services and repairs; Audit courtesy inspections performed by the General Service Technicians
- Assist in inventory management to include pulling tires and parts, unloading and stocking inventory; utilize company truck to pick up inventory as needed
- Assist with all general store duties, ensuring the store is in excellent condition and maintained to Monro standards for cleanliness and consistently in guest ready condition
- Consistently perform service(s) in accordance with Monro’s safety standards including but not limited to Monro’s Wheel Torque, Oil safety and compliance procedures
- Test drive vehicles in accordance with Monro’s Road Test policy, including consistently utilizing our dedicated test drive routes, while maintaining all local traffic and safety laws
- Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures, OSHA standards all safety and environmental codes and industry regulations including consistent use of always required personal protective devices including but not limited to approved Safety Glasses
- Maintain technical knowledge and capabilities to ensure proficiency through the timely completion of all required Monro University training courses and modules
- Operate, utilize and maintain all equipment in a safe manner in accordance with Monro and equipment manufacturer guidelines including but not limited to lifts, welders, brake lathes, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned and required by direct supervisor
The Technician is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the Store Manager.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent and automotive training including basic car maintenance and repair or the equivalent combination of education and experience. ASE certification and State Inspection license (where applicable) preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Capable of performing basic automotive maintenance, repair and tire services
- Ability to diagnose problems identifying root cause and determine appropriate repair solution
- Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical issues and write routine reports
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- This job operates in an automotive shop environment. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Required to own a basic set of tools or participate in tool purchase program
- Ability to work flexible hours, days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to see, hear, lift, carry and stock merchandise and supplies up to 75 lbs. without assistance
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Employee Discounts
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.