Cyber Security Engineer
- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for protecting Monro’s system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data.
• Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, cloud environments, company and customer information
• Identify and define system security requirements
• Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs
• Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
• Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
• Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
• Communicate security incidents timely and effectively to appropriate staff and management
• Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
• Perform other duties as assigned
The Cyber Security Engineer is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the IT Director.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 5 years of System Security administration or Systems Engineering experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
One or more of the following certifications required: CCNA, CCNP, CompTIA, C|HFI, CEH
Knowledge & Skills:
• Experience in building and maintaining security systems
• Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
• Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
• Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
• Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
• Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and meet established deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present data in an easily understood and concise way
• Proven problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Paid vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Employee Discounts
• Career development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.