Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst
- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst is responsible for eliciting, documenting, and reviewing business processes and analytic requirements. This position is also responsible for project managing the BI deliverables.
• Document business requirements, process flows and non-functional requirements
• Provide effective data visualization and reporting to stakeholders
• Build and publish customized interactive SiSense reports
• Perform data analysis for profiling data in preparation for discussions with Business and with the Development Team for right expectation management
• Participate and provide feedback for continuous improvement on the requirements gathering and reporting delivery processes
• Create project plans and manage the schedule using JIRA
• Ensure all BI delivery issues and risks are managed between the Reporting Development, Business and Integration teams
• Communicate progress, risks, and completion of projects to stakeholders
• Deploy inclusive data quality checks to ensure the high quality of dashboards
• Support requests for internal business reviews
• Perform other duties as assigned
The Senior BI Analyst is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the Director, Data Delivery.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, MIS or related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Business Systems Analyst role performing data analysis, data quality measurement and data mapping, along with developing reports, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Certifications related to Data Science, Master Data Management PMP, Agile Scrum Master, Lean Six Sigma a plus.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Experience with AWS Cloud environments, data visualization best practices, and database tools such as MS SQL Server, AWS Aurora, Postgres, etc.
• Demonstrated knowledge of application configuration, maintenance and support
• Strong Reporting Design skills
• Strong Data Analysis, Data Quality and Modeling skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present data in an easily understood and concise way
• Ability to interact with C-Suite to ask right level of questions, present screen mock-ups, explain data issues and share project status
• Ability to operate comfortably and effectively in a fast paced, highly cross functional, rapidly changing environment
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to recommend creative, out of the box solutions
• Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and meet established deadlines
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Employee Discounts
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. Our Teammates receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers them to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.