Retread Tire Technician
- Lakeland, FL, USA
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Retread Tire Technician is responsible for the retreading of commercial truck tires through series of manual and automated processes.
• Responsible for all aspects of the retread manufacturing process to include: inspections and evaluation of required tire repair, buffing tires, applying compounds, and curing
• Inspect repaired/retreaded tires to determine any defects according to industry standards and specifications and make additional repairs as needed
• Perform inspections on equipment used in repair/retread process and makes necessary repairs following manufacturer guidelines
• Maintains standards of cleanliness, orderliness, and appearance of plant
• Receives, unloads and stores tires/retreads and related products
• Adheres to all company and regulatory safety procedures and guidelines, including the use of protective safety equipment
• Performs other duties as assigned and required by direct supervisor
The Retread Tire Technician is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the Retread Plant Manager
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one month manufacturing or related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and produce quality products
• Ability to learn new processes
• Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
• Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
• Basic math skills
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a manufacturing environment at our Commercial Tire Center Tire facility. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Must be able to lift and stock merchandise and supplies up to 75 lbs.
Ability to safely use all machinery required in the retread process
Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time
Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Employee Discounts
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.