- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Accounting Analyst-Inventory position computes and verifies quantitative data for maintaining inventory accounting records.
- Assist in identifying, reviewing and determining root causes of discrepancies regarding vendor direct shipment invoices
- Communicate with store managers to verify inventory counts at locations when discrepancies are identified
- Act as a liaison with major vendors to obtain proper paperwork to verify delivery of product
- Perform monthly reconciliations as follows:
- open stock orders from distribution centers to retail points
- store to store transfers and ensure compliance with company policies
- major purchasing vendor’s statements to company records
- Validate stores are in compliance with all SOX requirements for tire and oil cycle counts, along with physical inventories
- Prepare accounts payable batches for the Purchasing Department
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Management Responsibility: The Accounting Analyst -Inventory is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the direction of the Assistant Inventory Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent (Associate’s degree preferred) with one to three months of related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet established deadlines
• Strong analytical skills and is attentive to detail with a high degree of accuracy
• Team orientated approach to tasks and problem solving
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel) with the ability to learn new and existing company specific software applications
• Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to read and write simple correspondence, instructions, and memos.
• Basic mathematical skills
• Strong customer service skills
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Employee Discounts
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.