- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Merchandising Administrator executes various system (JDA and Legacy) programs in support of the Purchasing Department. The programs include SKU maintenance, forecasting, product returns, data reporting, and cost changes.
• Build and execute queries
• Generate ad hoc reports
• Perform SKU price, cost, and description updates
• Update store assortment profiles
• Input new store/new vendor information
• Generate monthly warehouse and store forecasts
• Execute SKU returns
• Prepare invoices for payment
• Complete stock level adjustments
• Perform other duties as assigned
Management Responsibility: The Merchandising Administrator is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the direction of the Purchasing Manager.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent (Associate’s degree in Accounting or Business preferred) with a minimum of 2 years reconciliation or related experience (automotive industry experience a plus) , or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of database and file structures
• Able to interpret varieties of data and provide recommendations for future strategies
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications, especially excel with the ability to learn new and existing company specific software applications; (experience with the AS400 system including query, file and printer output, job submission, file up/download a plus)
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret business reports and documents
• Capable of creating meaningful management reports and presenting information effectively
• Ability to solve practical problems with a wide variety of variables
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet established deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of staff and management; ability to effectively interacting with diverse groups such as stores, distribution, buyers, and IT
• Highly motivated and able to work independently
• Basic mathematical skills
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Employee Discounts
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.